How to find haunted sapphires!?

Discussion in 'Exploration Strategies' started by Cpt'n K'nuckles, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Cpt'n K'nuckles

Cpt'n K'nuckles Powder Monkey

thought I would make a post after two weeks of straight farming for the elusive haunted saphire.
    Does anyone know the best method? The game says it comes from Royal Navy and ghost ships. However after a very long time of farming them exclusively, I have yet to find one.
    The only way I can seem to get them is to streak to 30 which is extremely time consuming and takes a LOT of gems!
    If there's anything I'm doing wrong or could be doing please let me know!

2. Skye

Skye Commodore

The ghost ship dropped one for me once, but its rare and the sail time is extremely long, and there is an extremely minute chance to get one from a davy jones chest, which is also very rare. I wouldn't expect to find more than one a day, hitting the ship every time it respawned and gemming the sail time, nevermind actually sailing 6h to it every time. Don't gem the sail time though!

I just bought a bunch of chests to get enough to max my Sadie, depending on how much you spend per battle it might be more expensive than Streaking but saves a lot of time and maxes several other LP at the same time, plus you get figures. If you're doing a 1 gem per battle method just going for 1* for chests, streaking is more efficient. If you're using a full army and going for 3* every battle, even with a fairly cheap army, buying merchant chests will probably be more efficient, unless you're already going to be gemming those battles to win a rumble. 100 merchant chests (4k gems) will probably get 20 of each material; you'll have to streak to 30 a bit more than a dozen times to get a similar return, so if you can do it in under 13 gems per battle, it may be worth streaking, but you will also be spending hours and hours.

I don't think any of the 4 rare LP (Ching, Blackbeard, Sadie, or Black Bart) can realistically be maxed by sailing, you might manage enough for one upgrade over a month or two of nonstop sailing. I doubt any LP can really be maxed only by sailing honestly, as even the rare drops are problematic to farm, nevermind the ages it takes to farm the commons, but the rares are a bit more doable. Even buying countless chests, I'm still farming an unimaginable amount of commons, but they are at least feasible.

3. awbo

awbo Captain

Some of us get figures ;)