How to grow this game's player base?

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Sylvester, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Sylvester

Sylvester Powder Monkey

Like some other successful games out there i believe in incentivising players to invite friends.

For example, giving gems to 'referrors' and 'referrees' if you will.
    And increasingly more if they refer more friends; and that is why we connect to Facebook isn't it? So that we can do the 'massive-spam-invite'?

An example would be to give say...
    1st referral: 5 gems
    2nd referral: 10 gems
    3rd referral: 20 gems
    4th referral: 30 gems
    5th referral: 40 gems....
    And maybe cap this 'free-gem-from-referral' at about 300 gems? And this not only ensure a potential exponential growth in player base but also, allows player to get more gems that is so important in the early stages of the game -- to build builders' hut.

Well, this is to BRING IN players..
    To make them stay.. well, the idea is already there -- simplicity of the game.
    Personally, i'd say that being in this game for quite some time, the only thing lacking about this game is the fact that major updates rarely come (MY OPINION).

All in all, i believe that this game has huge potential and hope that it does well in the future. :)

@Chris [Midoki]
    @Googoogal [Midoki]

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Bit of a jump there in gems. Isn't the satisfaction of just bringing the joy of this game to others enough for you? :) As I understand it from a coder friend of mine, this is difficult to track. The easier way is to have them enter a code when signing in that links to your account. That being said, it's still the company giving away free gems and since someone could just decide to create a vast number of accounts and generate a vast number of codes in the process, this could be easily exploited.

3. The game has only been out for a few weeks. How can you say major updates rarely happen? Give it time. And this idea is easily exploitable.

4. Sylvester

Sylvester Powder Monkey

This idea is great.
    Well, let's assume this said person decides to exploit this 'free-referral-gems'.. And as i mentioned above, cap it, limit it to 300(?) gems. And this dude obviously has a main account (probably using his Facebook account).
    So he/she will install/uninstall the game 5 times to get the referral code.. and that's all he gets -- 300 gems. 3/5 of 3rd builder's hut cost (if i'm not mistaken).
    I guess you're right. And for the easily exploitable part, read above my reply to you.

5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

It's still hard for The makers to justify giving away money :)

6. Sylvester

Sylvester Powder Monkey

True that. Since this game doesn't have any advertisements there's no profitable reason for the makers to increase player base. And yea, increasing player base doesn't mean you'll retain them as well... So yep :/

7. Kit

Kit First Mate

Believe me, this game will find a large user base soon enough. Leo Laporte featured it this week in iPad Today. And, as it has pointed out several times already, the game went global only a few weeks ago.

8. Tumba

Tumba Crew

Or they could just use my eSports agency www.gem.gg to feature pro gamers / eSports talent playing & talking about the game.