How to kill this 4* Ghost Ship?

Discussion in 'Exploration Strategies' started by Kelani, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Guild member of mine has been trying to kill the 4* Ghostie at
    V7 or W3 after update
    and has been getting killed. She has L5 ship, and has been sending a L8 Tavern full of troops, including Priestesses with ghost skill/ Always dies. Does anyone have a working troop type/count and level for this ship?

btw: She sent 10 Priestesses with the Ghost skill, and the rest gunners.

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

3. I advise her (and you) to send a batch of your normal troop load out and not 10 priestesses and gunners. Send a more balanced army with juggs, gunners, one WD, some bombers and 1 or 2 priestesses. That should work!

Bear and Kelani like this.
  4. SaK

SaK First Mate

I killed with 10 to 12 bucs and gunners each, franky(dont know if u still have tht), 6 brutes, 4 juggs( to be on safe side). tavern spots available 50. lost many but won twice with the ghost ship! hope it helps

Kelani likes this.
  5. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

What Fish said....

Priestesses may have bonus damage to ghost ship, but they are a weak unit themselves and die easy.
    Gunners aren't exactly tank material either - lol

Send a balanced raid party. Jugs,Brutes,Guns

Don't even bother with Priestesses, complete waste of grog, bonus to ghost ship or not.

Kelani likes this.
  6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Thanks guys, I shall pass it along.

(Hand to god, that was a question from a guildmate, not me trying to be sneaky!)

7. Midleton

Midleton Crew

Yeah...I clicked on the spoiler alert...that blinker just begs to be clicked, hehe....I'm almost there. Glad to have read this first.

8. Does the sky raider (with ghostbuster upgrade) work?

9. Aye plus 1 that.

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

It should, but since the Tavern limit is 8, at least we know how many you probably need :)

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  11. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Yup. 10

Kelani likes this.
  12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

When someone actually beats the thing, may be helpful if a few of them could start posting

Their ship level (5, I assume)
    How many troops it ate.

Just put it in a Spoiler tag, or Mr. Beard will get you. :)

13. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

10 juggs, rest gunners. If still suicidal/unsuccessful will need either a bigger boat, more pirates or higher training.

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. and Kelani like this.
  14. Training was key for me.

LadyoftheSea likes this.
  15. SaK

SaK First Mate

It kills a hell lot of troops...
    I had many gunners, bucs, 5-6 brutes and juggs 7-8 bombers...didnt think anything before hiring troops!!! They were just random
    I killed thrice a ghost ship with ship lvl4.

16. Juggernauts and Gunnners if you don't have the priestess unlocked, otherwise use the priestess for any ghost ships, especially if you train them to deal more damage to them, EDIT not all units should be priestesses, mix and match whatever doesn't make it suicidsl, like jugs and gunner with priestesses.

17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Sorry to disagree with you, but no. That's not a good crew for going after ghost ship :( Even maxed and with her skill, the priestess is a terrible choice for Ghost ships. She's too weak, too expensive, and takes far too long to hire. A faster, stronger, and cheaper crew is:

8 Sky Raiders (with their Ghost Ship skill) Maxed is better.
    4-5 Juggs (No useful skill, but they live longer)
    1 Witch Doctor (WD will reduce troops killed in sea battles by up to 40%)

Then, fill your ship with a mix of
    40% Bucs (Their Pirate Ship Skill may affects Ghost ships)
    60% Gunners (Their Enemy Ships skill may affect Ghost Ships)

Note: Even with this crew, don't even think of sending a L4 Ship against a 4* Ghost Ship. 3* is OK, but a L4 will probably end badly.

18. I Agree with you 100%, I realize you pretty much have the best exploration guide, and are the reason I'm able to get more battle points, and of course likewise, thank you Kelani for your amazing guide! and of course any other contributors to exploration tips!

19. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

My current set up is:
    5 priestess
    5 bombers
    5 juggs
    5 brutes
    5 sky raiders
    Rest gunners and bucs
    Normally can hit 5 ships/fish etc in one trip - 2 to 3 of them being 4 star

# Johnny Doe # likes this.