How To Upload Pictures to Forum From Your Mobile Device (With Pictures)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bear, Dec 13, 2014.

1. SaK

SaK First Mate

Ty bear...I'm going to try this

Bear likes this.
  2. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

Made sticky, because some people might not know this!

BOB FOLY, Bear and Gangrene Beard like this.
  3. mana

mana Crew

Thanks Bear, Good post!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    Bear likes this.
  4. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

With great Photobucket power comes great Photobucket responsibility.

Gangrene Beard, Kelani and Bear like this.
  5. Bear

Bear Commodore

Edited the post. Photobucket updated their app and it took a couple steps out of the process.

6. Captain Didwell

Captain Didwell First Mate

I can use this guide in the future. . :cool:
    Thank you very much.:D:D:D

Bear likes this.
  7. phb13

phb13 Powder Monkey

It may be a stupid tip but anyway I found that there is no photobucket app for the ipad but you could just use photobucket in safari and same instructions apply

8. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

There is a photobucket ipad app. I use it all the time. It's lousy, but it's there.

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

There is also an Imgupr app for Imgur.com , which works just as well.

10. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

Could you elaborate how to grab the link from the Tumblr app?
    Installed it, posted a pic to my blog, but can't find where to grab the direct link.

11. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

As far as posting images:
    Flickr and Google Photos apps for the iPad do not work as they post a "direct link" to a page which includes the image but the link is embedded with non-image code (an HTML page apparently with your name, etc), thus it will not post in Forum, which is looking for only image data.
    Hope this helps someone else avoid the frustration I had in posting an image.
    I ended up downloading the iPhone Photobucket app to my iPad (currently the only Photobucket iPad app appears only for ordering a photobook) and success!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    Kelani likes this.
  12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Exactly. Unless the image link you post ends in .PNG .JPG or .JPEG it won't post on this forum, and you'll get a broken image icon.

13. locomoco

locomoco Powder Monkey

Thanks for the post. Got my banner loaded up and now in my signature!!

Bear likes this.
  14. Bear I am trying so hard to post pics but I can't get it right to save my life I really would like some help I've tried to download photobucket on my iPad but can't find it I however have Dropbox & flicker u think u could walk me through it plzzzzz

15. Bear

Bear Commodore

If you are having trouble with photobucket. Try going to imgur.com and uploading the picture. Once you upload it just copy the "direct link"

On the forums click the picture icon above the text box where you type. Paste the link into the box that pops up and hit insert.

16. Thnxs I'll try that

17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Imgur also has an app called imgupr which makes uploads easier. It won't show you the Direct Link, though, so I use that app to upload, then log in on imgur.com on my laptop, and grab the link from my list of uploaded photos.

18. I am the worse at this oh well I got photobucket but I'm still lost darn it I suck

19. [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]