How To Upload Pictures to Forum From Your Mobile Device (With Pictures)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bear, Dec 13, 2014.

1. TY TY TY VM FINALLY I GOT ONE IN THNXS A MILLLLLLIIIOOONNNN

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

Glad it worked! .

3. I owe u big time I finally got it after a lot of bothering u guys & headaches on my part but yes THANK YOU VERY MICH

Bear likes this.
  4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Basically, the image link you post MUST end in .JPG or .PNG, or the forum will not show it. Just pick the link which ends in one of those extensions.

5. Sweets

Sweets Powder Monkey

be aware that all pictures you save to photobucket are searchable via strangers ;)

6. Bear

Bear Commodore

Not if you change your privacy settings. You can set your galleries to private

Sweets likes this.
  7. Sweets

Sweets Powder Monkey

True, true. But good to let people know they have to. Otherwise, every photo you upload is available to be thumbed through by other users. Just a good FYI for those who are unfamiliar with Photobucket. It's a nifty little photo storage tool, you can even edit photos on it. But, I wouldn't tell a soul to download it without cautioning them about the search feature.... as careless as people are with the silly things they... a-hem... upload...

for the purposes of game photos who cares about the search options of course... just rather warn than not...

Kelani likes this.
  8. Fang

Fang First Mate

Why do they have to make this difficult?

It should be this easy:

1. Take picture on device
    2. select "share" and choose your preferred public cloud image sharing account
    3. Then, provide an option to Copy URL
    4. Post link wherever you want

And not need to follow a guide to do this

Sigh...

9. Skye

Skye Commodore

Several services do have apps that let you upload to their cloud storage straight from your phone, and provide you with a link to post on the forum after!
    I'm not sure if any are willing to provide a free api to third party developers to do this directly from the forums, since it reduces traffic to their site. I haven't seen many other free forums that have image uploading built in - loading to imgur(or another service) and embedding seems to be a fairly standard requirement everywhere.

Fang likes this.
  10. Fang

Fang First Mate

Thanks Skye,

Yeah, maybe I should create a service that does this. I know it won't last if it doesn't make money, and traffic costs will skyrocket if people can just directly link to images that get displayed on other sites, but I just feel like there has to be a way to provide an image sharing service that lets you post images to places (forums, social media, etc) without embedding, with as few clicks as possible, from any device, and that its not a black box when it comes to file management.

You can probably guess my age from this post lol. "go back to your desktop pc, IRC, CS/UT/Quake, and rogerwilco..."

Kelani likes this.
  11. Skye

Skye Commodore

Well if you can get the image to your desktop, there's an imgur extension I used for a while where you can drag/drop the image onto your browser, and it would autoupload it and copy the link to your clipboard, so posting an image was as simple as drag, drop, ctrl-v.

12. Fang

Fang First Mate

yeah, but that is a desktop solution, alas. I am speaking more of improving the user experience with mobile. To your point, I can use several desktop-friendly options for file upload, linking, file management, etc, but mobile still stops me from doing this. Even flickr (via iOS) which has an embed url... but you cant copy/paste it from an iOS mobile device because you can't select the entire link. bah!

13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

And Imgupr on mobile conveniently doesn't give you the shareable link with a file extension. I can upload the image from my phone/tablet, but then still have to go on my laptop to the imgur website to get that link.

14. Skye

Skye Commodore

If you use the iOS imgur app, you can upload images and get a shareable link from it. It takes a bit of poking around to figure out, but it works.

click the blue +, camera roll, upload

after uploading an image
    [​IMG]
    click the box with the arrow in the bottom left
    [​IMG]
    click copy link

Fang likes this.
  15. Fang

Fang First Mate

Awesome. You rock Skye :)

16. Woo hoo it works
    [​IMG]