Improving performance in iOS9

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Oct 21, 2015.

1. RonUK

RonUK Crew

Thanks Skye for your help. @Lynsey [Midoki] is there anything else that you can add, any update would be very reassuring please.

2. rhorun

rhorun Crew

Well another day of being booted if this isn't resolved soon I will be looking at deleting the app I don't see the point of trying to play a game which is unplayable.

RonUK likes this.
  3. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

I'm on iPad3 with iOS 8.4 which I keep intentional. Can anybody assure me that I won't lose a bit of perfomance (or even improve it) if I'll update to iOS9.1?

4. RonUK

RonUK Crew

Barbed my advice would be to do nothing. I can only speak from an iPad2 perspective but Plunder Pirates on that device running on iOS9.1 is absolutely infuriating. Problems opening the app, constant kick outs from the game, hence lost troops, lost time, lost patience. I am hearing nothing that reassures me that anything at all is being done to resolve it and am already avoiding launching the game, which is saddening since I've been with it from the start and my only energy now is to delete it.

@Lynsey [Midoki] is anything being done? I'd accept any glimmer of hope at all right now.

Barbed likes this.
  5. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Ron, gotcha and thank you. I've met a big slowdown on iOS9.0.2 and rushed back to 8.4 when it was possible.
    My restless nature forced me to try iOS9.1 but I better listen for your sad experience of being hostage of new apple old device killing OS.
    Thank you again and keep patience, deleting the game is not the worst thing.

6. On my iPad mini, 1st gen, I've found Apple's Game Centre to be connected with many of the lag issues I now have with PP and iOS 9.whatever. Logging out of Game Centre eliminates the lag almost entirely. Unfortunately, the game still tries to use game centre and that seems to create other problems/occasional crashes.

7. RonUK

RonUK Crew

@Lynsey [Midoki] It's exciting to hear that an update is on the way, especially with a new PH level. Is it likely that the ioS9 issues will be fixed in that update too, particularly on the ipad2? My logout issues are worse than ever and I dearly want to be able to continue to play, but right now it's unbearable on that device. There does seem to be something odd still going on with game center; I'm logged in but the game often treats me like I've got the achievements for the first time, flashing up notifications for those I've achieved a long time ago and juddering when game center logs in.

Please do what you can to fix ios9 issues in the update. I play Clash of Clans and Boom Beach and they are really smooth graphics with no kickouts ever, so I'm hoping that you can find a way with Plunder Pirates too. Thank you.

lady blackbeard likes this.
  8. RonUK

RonUK Crew

@Lynsey [Midoki] Thanks for the new update which does seem to have increased my stability on my iPad2 running IOs9.2 from today. I've been kicked out twice since upgrading and updating but right now there is a noticeable improvement which means I can try to play on the iPad rather than my squinty eyes on the iPhone. Would be great to see a further improvement next update however thank you for listening and making it better for now :)

9. rhorun

rhorun Crew

I am pleased that there has been some improvement but the game is still crashing no where near as bad as it was.

Thanks

10. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

The relation with the game and you is very tragic. "It's not me, it's you."

11. Jonesy

Jonesy Crew

I just started playing 12 days ago and have upgraded iOs somewhere in the middle of that time, as well as the updates to the game. Before the update, my iPad would randomly freeze on my island screen and I could only go to plunder or market. Post update, everything runs great. Thanks!

12. D-uki

D-uki Powder Monkey

Can you tell me what is going with the game last few days. It's crashing after 10-20 sec. i can't play the game!

13. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

There's not been any chances over the past few days - is it crashing at any particular point or screen? Was it playing fine before that (last week/earlier this week)? The best thing to do would be to send an in-game support ticket with details of your issue - if you can't get to it because it's crashing too much, you can send the ticket directly to piratesupport@midoki.com, just make sure that you put in your island name and guild name, along with what device and OS version you're currently running.