Incorrect losses

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Ouija Master, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Ouija Master

Ouija Master Powder Monkey

So I'm looking at a fight I lost, says I lost 54% yet when I replay it they only destroyed 30% no pirate hall no stars gained. And of course I lost rank points. Is this something the developers are aware of?

2. Ouija Master

Ouija Master Powder Monkey

I'm seeing losses in my log yet on replay the result is different. Log says 54% replay says 30%. What should of been a defensive victory was a loss?..

3. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Oh yes. For a LONG time!

Fil likes this.
  4. bucket

bucket First Mate

This happens quiet often with the replay. Its a bug that midoki has tried to fix but has been unsuccessful so far at claiming the prize. What I found out from this forum is that the log is always correct. So if the log says 54% defeat then that is the correct entry not the replay. Hope that helps.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

:) What @Daddy P meant to elaborate is that for now replays are only a representation of a possible outcome but that the log states what ACTUALLY happened. Unfortunately it's a long-known problem with no foreseeable fix.

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Bucket is correct. The log is 100% correct. The replay is only a possible outcome.

7. MCDOYLE

MCDOYLE Powder Monkey

That's a definite issue... nearly every 2nd battle I fight is lost even though I won.
    The report shows incorrect percentage so I lost.

As well when defending - successfully parried but lost anyway for some reason!?
    I really like this game but it's such a mess, I don't wanna continue like this :(

When is this going to be fixed?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  8. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

This appears to be true but the game algorithm apparently doesn't include any randomness, it isn't dungeons and dragons (except sea battles) at least that is what @Lynsey [Midoki] said before.

In that case, given a certain deployment, there is only one possible outcome unless she they can't record things properly or they use different ai routines. They should not need to remember the entire battle. Even if troop deployment is slightly incorrect, there would need to be a major chaos theory type effect for the massive end differences so my conclusion is replays use different ai code.....

The other possibility is it is random after all. In which case replays are just a possible outcome and it will never get fixed. That said, computer generated random numbers are never really random (so strictly speaking previous answer from Midoki) is correct...... In this case they could seed the random number generator for battles and store that so it can recreate original result.

I really don't understand why fix is hard to the extent I really no longer believe they want to fix it at all.

9. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

All of my discrepant replays can be put down to the same thing each time...bombers and walls!

In my actual attack I get through a wall. In the replay it's like the wall has more health (or the bomber less) and it takes longer to get through and thus the outcome is different.

Just something I've noticed in my replays anyway ;)