Is the Rumble Matching Ever Going to be Corrected?

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Sea Patriot, May 1, 2017.

1. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

This is an old subject, beating a dead horse but I'm just as fed up with many other players. The issue with guilds at my size matching with guilds sizes of the guilds pictured here for example is terrible and in need of overhaul.
    Suggestions:
    - Guilds with 1-6 players will match with guild containing 1-6players
    - Guilds with 7-15 players will match with guilds containing 7-15 players
    - Guilds with 16-30 players will match with guilds containing 16-30 players
    - Guilds with 30+ players match
    - Or, guild captain list his/her guild as either Novice, Pirate (Veteran) or Shellback (Expert); the system will then list them in said category and match them accordingly.
    - Guild will be set to specified level for 7 days and cannot be reverted during events
    - Guilds will only be ranked in their specified category of difficulty
    - If Midoki is unable to match a guild with four other guilds with say 2 hours, it would be default to match with only 3 separate guilds contains bot players consisting of Legendary Pirate maxed out Strongholds which can also attack your bases

Midoki please fix this issue it'll make the game much more fun
    Thank you,
    Respectfully,
    Sea Patriot
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
    Havoc Incarnate and ScoopyWP like this.
  2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We're currently looking into how we can make the Rumbles a little closer in terms of matchups. However, as we've found in the past, the stricter we make the matching requirements, the longer it takes to match (and we had more complaints about longer matchmaking times than we do about mismatches in terms of guild size!).

Sea Patriot likes this.
  3. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Okay, thank you for the feedback. I appreciate your assistance Lynsey

4. cap'n freestoner

cap'n freestoner Powder Monkey

Personally I would rather wait the extra time and have a fairer matchup.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  5. Think all the smaller guilds feel the same way!
    I suspect it's not them that complain about waiting longer.
    As I've said before, this is a great game and it should be possible to enjoy it in a hundred different ways and still have a sensible stab at the glory, which all pirates want!
    We should not be penalised for wanting to remain small!

6. cap'n freestoner

cap'n freestoner Powder Monkey

Agreed or for allowing new players into the guild to help them grow, without them the game couldn't carry on. The new guild events are making it even harder to have more than a few newbies.

Sea Patriot and Cap'n Flyht like this.
  7. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

A lot of great feedback, thanks, keep it rolling! :cool:;)

8. Mobotts

Mobotts Captain

I can tell you it's extremely frustrating with long wait times lol but I'd rather see more fair rewards for rumbles. It seems that lately we are pulling low $1m and 1.2m rewards even when we match higher guilds!

850arrr, Cap'n Flyht and Sea Patriot like this.
  9. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

The only reason it takes so long to matchup when you put tighter parameters is because no one likes the current system so there are so many guilds that won't rumble because they see it as a losing proposition... It is so unfairly unbalanced to the top few guilds. The original rollout was so unfair you essentially killed your own idea with many of your players right at the start. The only changes over the last couple years have been in the scoring tally and no new ideas on the competition itself. Now you need to almost reintroduce the whole thing with a better plan to get everyone that has written rumbles off excited again.

10. Omar Ceceña

Omar Ceceña First Mate

I don't mind the wait but it seems that lately we been matching with Россия a lot...kinda getting old, and our 30 gems...really?...o_O

11. Bards Tale

Bards Tale Powder Monkey

I agree with sea patriot. The match ups make it very discouraging. Couple of thoughts:

- match by average guild rumble scores regardless of guild size or PH levels, etc. I have many users who are at max PHs etc but don't really like to rumble.
    - not sure why 5 guilds are required to rumble. Let rumbles be with a lower number, maybe min 3 instead of 5 and adjust the rewards accordingly. That would reduce matching time significantly. The rewards are nice but it's usually not the reason why we rumble. Being able to come in first or second is the real prize. Especially with users that are up there in PH, some bp, gems and booty aren't that important.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  12. Sibeto

Sibeto Crew

I also share this frustration. We always get matched with a top20 in the world. Not to mention thunderstruck event, the points are crippled if you are not a PH11. Surely it can't be that biased towards end game player ?
    Rumbles on the other hand is just making the top players, all that much further infront.

Cap'n Flyht and Sea Patriot like this.
  13. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I feel your pain shipmate

Cap'n Flyht likes this.
  14. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Good point Bards

15. Sibeto

Sibeto Crew

I would prefer to wait longer and actually feel we have a chance of a top 3 finish.
    I think Clash system of a toggle button for rumble ready or not, would also benefit guilds. That way you can be more evenly matched.
    Why does a rumble cost me 5 gems ? Why are they not for free ? You may see more participation this way.

16. They won't because how it currently works is working for them, but it's a real shame the midoki team won't take on these continuing and reoccurring threads that smaller guilds post.
    I've said before and I'll say again we all play in different ways through choice and it a shame the game doesn't cater for ALL with regards to the rumbles and the rewards.
    Hard working, everyone contributing, small guilds should also have realistic chances of doing well in rumbles and getting the rewards!
    This works for rumbles and events alike! It also works with keeping the game alive for us all. It's no coincidence that so many guilds are dead and inactive and that the same 100 top guilds are seen month in month out!
    And I'm not a disgruntled player who's growing tired of the game. I adore it!

Sea Patriot likes this.
  17. Sibeto

Sibeto Crew

I'm not hard up for the 5 gems, I occasionally gem my armies. I would even buy a 5th builder but no joy there.
    This is pretty much the only game i play, I will end up being a PH11. I won't forget the struggles it took in the marathon to reach it. How many others will though ? People like balance and a realistic chance to win things. The only thing i win is a chest from streaking lol.

Sea Patriot and Cap'n Flyht like this.
  18. I think @Bards Tale 's idea of making the previous rumble score for the guild be a factor in matching is an excellent idea!
    That way all the guilds playing would know that they would be in with a real chance of winning if they pull together. It would make for a much more exciting, considerably less disheartening game (and possibly encourage gem spending because the outcomes will have to be battled for by all participating guilds not just the ones that want to rank!)
    It would even out smaller guilds that have all their players that battle hard and match them again larger guilds that have only a few who battle.
    I can see it being a win win all round for guilds and midoki.
    I am not a developer so have no idea of how easy it would be to use this as part of parameters for choosing, but in other posts it seems clear midoki have all sorts of information about how we are playing the game so seems likely they could do this!

Sea Patriot likes this.
  19. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Regretfully, I do not think rumbles will ever be improved. This is not doomspeak - this is historical evidence.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  20. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

A good idea and in many games have an opt in/out feature. This would be useful for those in the guild that either don't wanna rumble or maybe busy for that particular rumble. That way if you have a larger guild but only half can/want to rumble you won't match a full guild but possibly a guild of 25-30. If you don't opt in, you cannot participate or receive rewards ideally.

Previous rumble score would not work really, but average score maybe. If last match was super easy, that lower score could skew things quite a bit. Given a guild can do say 500k+ but only needed 100k to win the last rumble. Average score is more telling of what a guild is usually good for score wise. Although I would see people being able to manipulate such a system somehow :(

Some guilds have a really old high score that may scare some people off from trying. Having a lower average is more close of an idea of how active and how hard a rumble you have on your hands from my experience. After 100s of rumbles, you kinda get an idea of who's gonna fight and who can be beaten easily.

Be careful what you wish for. Many of you probably don't realize when you lessen parameters, you could be waiting DAYS for a match, not just a couple more hours or so. This happened back when everyone was using minis and a few of us guilds did not have low level PHs in the guild. Occasionally if we got tired of waiting we'd bring in a smaller ph just so we could match because people were getting antsy lol. I forget the record wait we had, but I think we did see 24-48h typically on a regular basis in those days. Idk about most of you, but that is a LONG time for a crew to wait that are ready to rumble now:mad:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    peg-brain bob and Mobotts like this.