Island editor bug with Plunder Event patch

Discussion in 'Build Bugs' started by nomadicarus, Jan 19, 2017.

1. nomadicarus

nomadicarus Powder Monkey

Code:
    Nvidia Shield K1 1.5.24.3.80.8
    Android 6.0.1

Plunder Time Event patch @17-01-19
    Expected Behaviour
    1. Changes to Island made in Island Editor to apply to in-game Island
    2. Changes to in-game Island to apply to Island Editor saved states via Import
    3. Use of [1] & [2] to move designs around Island Editor Save slots
    Actual Behaviour
    1. Changes to Island made in Island Editor can be applied to in-game Island
    2. Changes to in-game Island are not applied to Island Editor saved states via Import
    3. Slot swapping broken owing to [2]
    4. It appears that the editor is at times Importing from the other slot (rather than changes to the in-game Island) and at times importing from the in-game state; lastly not importing changes at all.
    Assumptions & Observations
    App fires a sync script with the sever before importing islands; but, applies Island Editor changes from local storage to the in-game active Island, which is then server-synced.

Communication disruption, either host/user side, nerfs this process.

I lost an afternoon of edits so I thought I would test for a bug.

Editor design applied to in-game Island, a few minor changes made in-game: then attempt at importing to that save slot overwrote all edits with a previous Island design.

.. .. .. .. ..

It was repeatable moving a few items around - they were not imported to the Island Editor slots but changes there were applied to in-game Island.

c. 15 mins later the bug was not observable: edits made in-game were applied to the Island Editor slots via import.

c. 15 mins the bug recurred: edits were not pulled through from changes made in-game.

No noticeable local or network issues for any other devices.

No complex time consuming changes for me for a while a guess.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  2. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

@nomadicarus - there is a 'quirk' with the island editor:
    1. you can make changes to your actual island and then import it into a layout slot without issue.
    2. you can make changes to a layout slot and then apply it to your island without issue.
    HOWEVER My observations:
    1. When Importing from island to layout - the server side island is used.
    2. When applying (from layout to island) only affects local (not server) - therefore you need to close & re-open app (after applying) to force the server to update.
    3. You can then make more changes to island & import those successfully into layout slot.