Layout tool needs work

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by LJ Sparrow, Jul 18, 2019.

1. LJ Sparrow

LJ Sparrow Powder Monkey

(Sorry if this is a repeat, but I couldn’t find it)
    I seriously struggle with the ‘layout’ tool. I want the option to cancel my changes before exiting.
    I like to use the ‘store type,’ specifically defense, option to look at whether I missed upgrading a mine, or piece of wall, or cannon, etc. But if I do that I can’t get back to the layout I started with, I lose it and have to put each defense item back in place. For most things that isn’t too bad, but for walls , nearly impossible and takes a lot of time.
    Please let us exit layout by canceling changes.

2. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Easy fix! I usually just hit store all, then choose whatever type I’m looking for (walls for example). It will tell me how many I have left or have already upgraded. Before exiting, just hit import island over current layout. That will put everything back how it was. Now... if you have two different islands stored, just make sure you choose the one (that you have active) in the editor. Don’t forget to overwrite or you ll come back to an empty island next time and have to rebuild which ever one you lost if you happened to switch to another.

Hope that helps and I didn’t confuse you lol. It can be a bit tricky sometimes if your not thinking about it. Lost a couple islands myself in a rush.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    LJ Sparrow likes this.
  3. LJ Sparrow

LJ Sparrow Powder Monkey

Yes Captain that is an easy fix, and embarrassing that I didn’t think of it myself. I specifically chose the layout that was not my current island so I wouldn’t mess it up, now I know better.
    Appreciate the quick and easy response.