Leaving the app open on your island.

Discussion in 'General Strategies' started by Captain Pinback, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Captain Pinback

Captain Pinback Powder Monkey

I was curious, if anyone knows if you leave your game app open and on your island and set it down for a bit, if you can still be attacked? Like, as if it was a shield in a way?

2. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

You are safe until the, "Are you there Captain?" pop up comes up. Then you are fair game.

.[ IcI ]. likes this.
  3. Captain Pinback

Captain Pinback Powder Monkey

Ah, that makes sense!

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

So about 3 minutes :)

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

As long as you rotate your island or click on something every few minutes you are good.

6. Keelhauler Jake

Keelhauler Jake First Mate

Definitely a way to "game the system" if you want to put in all that effort.
    I've sometimes felt that I've been a victim of this but that's probably just my paranoia creeping in again. What was that? Who's there???

TBird likes this.
  7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I think there must be a short delay after the popup before you're attackable. When I'm working on my craptop, I leave the app open all day. I get the Idle Pirate Popup(tm) plenty of times, and sometimes am too busy to dismiss it for 10-20 minutes. I've never been attacked while doing this. Now about 15 mins after I crash for the night, that's another story.

.[ IcI ]. and Amirah like this.
  8. sassafras

sassafras Powder Monkey

I'd be curious to know what the developers have to say about this. How long are we safe for before we are attackable after the idle pop up comes up..is it immediate or is there a delay? How long exactly is the delay?

9. Skye

Skye Commodore

Does the thing still popup if you're mid-edit in editor mode?

Either way, its a terrific way to kill your battery. PP drains an insane amount of iGrog (formerly known as battery juice). I'm pretty sure PP drains battery faster than my phone can charge plugged in, as I've seen it drop a percent or two while "charging" with the app open, even with all features disabled.

10. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

You are fair game 5 mins after logging off, whether done by your choice or logged off by the app.

11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Spongee just curious, where did you come across this info?

12. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Based on experience. When I experimented to see how easy it was to find yourself, it always took around 5 minutes before my island would appear. That was back when there were only 3-4 choices of islands to raid in the high ranks. Other players confirmed same time frame.

Kelani likes this.
  13. gmt

gmt Powder Monkey

There is a way to never get out of game if you're playing on Apple devices ( atleast Iphone )

Edit : Ok , it works on every IOs device, just tested

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  14. ElGordo

ElGordo First Mate

And?
    A Hint, maybe?
    Or just rumour or a dream after endless raiding?

15. gmt

gmt Powder Monkey

you have your answer inbox. :)

16. yeti

yeti Captain

If that's true, let's hope the devs get the onto it quickly... Nice way to stuff things up high even more

Salty Snack likes this.
  17. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Hmm, we're not aware of an exploit of this nature that doesn't involve 3rd party applications or staying awake permanently and tapping the screen, so if anyone knows how this is done, let me know!

yeti likes this.
  18. gmt

gmt Powder Monkey

No exploit, only an IOS device parameter. Used on CoC during 1 year. No cheat, no hack, just device option ^^
    EDIT : sent a MP Lynsey

19. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Lynsey [Midoki] There's been lots of speculation about Midoki's view on third-party keep-alive methods since the game came out. Just so we don't give any misinformation in the future, can you let us know what the policy is, specifically these things:

1. Is the use of third-party keepalive methods a bannable offense?
    2. Do you routinely(or ever) look for accounts which are clocking humanly-impossible online durations?

20. yeti

yeti Captain

Rank boosting isn't technically cheating either but it doesn't gain any respect for the players who do it. Both 'exploits' seek advantage outside the way the game was intended to be played, hence why CoC introduced a forced break...