Legendary Pirates: A Players Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bear, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

There are now some videos and accompanying notes for some of the Legendary Pirates in the Tips and Tricks section of the forum. You can see their max-level abilities in action, see their concept art, and read a bit about their development history.

850arrr, Skye, bucket and 4 others like this.
  2. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Love it @Lynsey [Midoki]! Any chance you could do that for the other LPs too? I wanna read their history:)

3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Yep! Just got to finish up the videos!

Ultimate Sea Dog likes this.
  4. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

5. Scar Face

Scar Face Crew

Yes, sorry, I did mean to finish my sentence. However, given the quantity of information already comiled about the materials required for each level of train for the Legendary Pirates thus far released, I believe I myself can make a rough estimate of the ratio of rare / common materials required for the next 3 Legendary Pirates. So please disregard my request.

6. Well, I wish I could have watched those videos earlier so I wouldn't disappoint myself recruiting a LP I didn't like, but it's better late than never, I guess...

7. Skye

Skye Commodore

Hurry up to PH9 and you can hold all of them, so it won't matter if you have one you don't like, since you have plenty of space anyways :)

8. Rabbitnes

Rabbitnes Powder Monkey

We have statistics legendary pirates but not the skills, they could put them? much damage done, its cooldown?

9. Skye

Skye Commodore

The cooldown time isn't posted for any pirate, even normal ones. I believe its generally around 45 seconds without any upgrades, reducing down to about 30, but it doesn't say the base time anywhere in game and I haven't counted :)

Most of the LP with a damage ability seem to have about somewhere around 400-450 damage for their ability at max level. If you look at the videos posted of each of them, and look at how far the ability damages max level collectors, you can get an estimate. The base damage doesn't seem to be listed in game for any I've checked.

10. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Wow, that video of Ceasar in the tips and tricks is pretty disappointing. Lol. Luckily he has awesome defensive boosts.

11. Skye

Skye Commodore

The nice thing about Caesar is that he only has to throw one flame one each building before moving on, and they keep burning after he leaves/dies. I don't think he's going to clear buildings on his own even at max level, but he will do a moderate amount of damage to a large number of buildings.

I find Greenbeard the most disappointing in terms of special, since he seems to do about 400 with each of his 5 shots, but he takes 2 seconds per shot - whereas his normal attack does the same amount of damage several times per second. Making him stand still for 10 seconds for such low dps could really be problematic, unless you're trying to use him as a makeshift brute.

12. Scar Face

Scar Face Crew

@Skye Did you get Greenbeard?

13. Skye

Skye Commodore

No Greenbeard Tinto and Bart haven't appeared yet as far a I'm aware :)

14. Scar Face

Scar Face Crew

I see. Your input on Greenbeard is from the stats released about him then.

15. Skye

Skye Commodore

Look at the video posted in the tips section, you can judge damage based on how far the hp bar goes down on the max level collectors, given how much HP they have.

16. Caesar sounds more like a casual attack hero rather than someone who actually makes a difference. He does a little damage to a lot of buildings but he needs lots of time to do it. Farming attacks sounds more his style. Wade through the mines and let the money burn out.

But a serious attack with firepower comes in and sweeps through blasting the buildings down long before the flames do a lot of damage. It could follow a large brute attack to burn down soft targets after the defenses go down. But gunners and such are more effective at cleanup. He's more of a distraction with collateral damage rather than efficiently aiding the main assault force. Probably will die in most attacks unless the base defense is so weak that he can tank it/his hp is high enough.

Haven't seen a high level Caesar yet so just theoretical at the moment. Don't think I will get him yet though.

17. Skye

Skye Commodore

http://forum.plunderpirates.com/index.php?threads/developer-notes-caesar.9896/ The video in that post is a max level Caesar.

HornyQuokka likes this.
  18. Lynsey [Midoki]

Cornelius and Caesar have the second highest hit points of all of the Legendary Pirates (only one who is higher is Black Bart ;)).

HornyQuokka likes this.
  19. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Caesar is quite good and cheap in maxing out regarding BP. I like em and Cornelius too. :D

And btw Ching is even alittle higer than Ceasar, 530 max attack over 520 . ;)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  20. Scar Face

Scar Face Crew

But more importantly... ;) when can we buy Pajama outfits for our Legendary Pirates with a buff to reduce recovery time? I bought every single Halloween outfit, even though I only had 6 LPs, just for the buff/nerf factor alone. My LPs are tired of wearing their Halloween outfits and would pay gems for even more outfits with buffs/nerfs. The only outfits I pass on have an unbelievly high cost like 100k EP, 1000 gems, and 7000 BP. Otherwise, I buy them all. Some outfits are in the closet waiting for an LP to move into my fort.

awbo and Ian like this.