Legendary Pirates harmful?

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Rabbitnes, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Rabbitnes

Rabbitnes Powder Monkey

Hello people!
    Currently I have 8LP of which I consider harmful Caesar: Your special ability is very weak and does not tickle ago, his normal attack of flames spear does a lot of damage and enters the village dying quickly, we mention that I have it in Level 3, I might say if over this level is good pirate? Romeo: I have it in level 7 or 8 recuero not, but his special ability is terrible, does great damage but stuns the pirates (a good thing).
    Caesar expected more, a special ability to throw fire at 180 ° or something, throwing flames do not do much damage but that any attack on that building inflinga further damage, Caesar is an LP that support would be nice.
    To Cornelious in the early levels is not useful, it is like a brute, now I have it in level 8 and only throws 2 monkeys, know what is the maximum that can throw monkey with his ability?

Or, can you tell me any good strategy to Caesar?

2. Skye

Skye Commodore

I don't think Romeo's ability stuns anyone, at least in the times I've used it they didn't seem to get stunned. Blackbeard's does stun himself however (wait until he's right about to die, and use it then, so the stun doesn't matter).

If you want to see what Caesar's ability does at max level, look at the videos in the tips and tricks forum, Lynsey posted a video of each of the new set of pirates at their max level.

What's good about Caesar is his damage keeps going after he dies. He only has to throw one flame on each building before moving on as well, so while he won't necessarily destroy any building on his own, he will do like 400 damage to a very large number of buildings, making them a lot easier to take down with other pirates. Also because he doesn't wait for a building to die, he can run ahead and predamage everything in the base while your other troops are stuck clearing the way in still. Also, because he will walk ahead so readily, he can act as a makeshift tank to draw mortar fire away from other pirates.

Cornelius currently throws 5 monkeys at max level. For each one of those monkeys, a defense will waste a couple shots. A bunker will spend a second spinning up, a cannon might rotate out of the way, and eating up a couple shots per monkey is a couple seconds longer your actual troops will last. Those couple seconds could be long enough to kill off some defenses before your troops die, which can make or break a battle. Cornelius currently does feel more defensive of an LP.

HornyQuokka likes this.
  3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

As Skye has said, take a look at the Tips & Tricks forum for an idea of what sort of damage the Legendary Pirates do to PH8 and 9 objects (videos for Ching Shih, Annabelle Levaux, Blackbeard, Cornelius Heston, Mack McKraken and Romeo Boomer will be added soon).

Romeo has good defensive buffs, and in attack has respectable damage. His special ability, Mills & Boom, doesn't stun fellow pirates.

Blackbeard has higher damage, and his ability has greater range and damage, but at the penalty of temporarily stunning fellow crew members as well as himself. His ability had its damage buffed in the last update, and the next update will see it improved further with a slight reduction in the amount of time both he and nearby pirates are stunned for.

Caesar is, as Skye said, an excellent pirate for doing ongoing damage to many buildings, softening them up for the rest of your units and for the Ring of Fire ability.

Cornelius is getting tweaked in the next update with a slight rejig to his training tree: he will be able to throw a maximum of eight monkeys, and the monkeys themselves have been buffing up in the gym with the skills that will increase their toughness and damage.

It's also worth remembering that Legendary Pirates unlock at Pirate Hall 4, so the early LP levels are balanced towards those early level bases, and scale up accordingly. So, if you're Pirate Hall 8 or 9, you're going to be looking at LP levels 17+ to experience the Legendary Pirate in its full glory.

4. Rabbitnes

Rabbitnes Powder Monkey

I see, I feel good that you mention changes to Cornelious, these monkeys should be as all are useless, no life, damage. Otea created question be right, to have strong legendary cells are 14 cavities and have only 12 LP ...

5. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

It's called future-proofing! ;)

6. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

I considered his monkey's useless when he was low level, now i really appreciate them.

7. Rabbitnes

Rabbitnes Powder Monkey

Where we can see the updated statics of the legendary pirates? I would see the damage, scope and duration of the skills to better plan my strategic in battle.

8. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Go to the legendary fort and go to the 'Train' button for each of the LP - this will show you each of their upgrade paths.

9. Rabbitnes

Rabbitnes Powder Monkey

You did not read well, look statistics skills no statistics pirates.