Legendary Pirates - Release Date!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Admin [Midoki], Aug 13, 2015.

1. No you just see the fort with mack mckraken in it. Can you watch it now? Had a little error..

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

No I just can't watch because of where I'm at.

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  3. Skye

Skye Commodore

You changed the video! I was wondering what a Smite match had to do with pirates!

4. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Will there come along some kind of sale or extra gem offers?

5. from what i can tell that was inferred in the FAQ

Skye likes this.
  6. GUYS THE UPDATE IS IN THE IOS STORE

7. GUYS THE UPDATE IS IN THE IOS APP STORE

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  8. Yeah had a little error with the video :p

9. ASDJFVASETVGAIGFMASEUK B MIDOKI OH MY LORD THIS UPDATE TAKES THE CAKE AND EATS IT TOO MY GOD HOW PERFECT SO FUN MUCH WOW

10. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Servers are experiencing a few issues at the moment, hopefully normal service will be resumed shortly.

Capt Drowns and HornyQuokka like this.
  11. Skye

Skye Commodore

@Lynsey [Midoki] it seems that at level 3, the fort can only hold 6 legendaries, and I did not see any way to get rid of one you currently have for a different one. Are we stuck with the ones we pick, or does the final level of the fort really hold all 12? I don't want to waste my second slot on Mack until I know he's not taking up someone else's space!

Edward Kenway and Capt Drowns like this.
  12. you guys have out-done yourselves, this is so brilliant....

Beck [Midoki] likes this.
  13. Thanks for the heads up skye, yes that could be confusing

14. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The final level of fort (which isn't in game yet) holds all 12 - but it will also be upgradable in the future to a capacity greater than 12 when more Legendary Pirates are added.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  15. Skye

Skye Commodore

Thanks for the response! I was so worried I'd get stuck without a goat :c

16. Thanks Lynsey!

Edward Kenway likes this.
  17. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

:(Was in for like 5 min., now back out....starts to get annoying.

18. I love you! :p

Skye likes this.
  19. Skye

Skye Commodore

Question about the defensive abilities of Legendaries. I don't expect you to know it Lynsey, but maybe you can save me a lot of experimenting!

Boomer for example adds hp to walls.

How do the upgrades stack on each other? If he has trained 1% hp increase to walls and also 2% hp increase to walls, is the 2% total, or is it additional on top of the 1%? If its additional, is it an additive total, or multiplicative total? And does it apply wall hp before or after SM? By additive total, I mean the 1% is added to the 2%. By multiplicative total, I mean the wall hp is calculated at the 1% increase, and then whatever the resulting hp is, its calculated again at an additional 2% increase, effectively multiplying the bonuses together.

To show the difference, on level 13 wall with 1000 hp from SM-

If SM is included:
    If 2% is the total increase, the wall hp is 8400*1.02=8568HP.
    If 2% is added on to the 1% for a total of 3%, the wall hp is 8400*1.03=8652HP
    If the 2% is applied multiplicatively, its 8400*1.01*1.02=8653.68HP

It doesnt seem like a big difference, but when you start adding in 3%, 4%, 5% increases, the difference between them skyrockets.

If you have 1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, and 5%, with SM included
    if 5% is the total increase, the wall hp is 8400*1.05=8820HP
    If the 5% 4% 3% 2% and 1% are added to a total of 15%, the wall hp is 8400*1.15=9660HP
    if each upgrade is multiplicatively applied to the previous upgrades hp, the wall hp is 8400*1.01*1.02*1.03*1.04*1.05=9733.31HP

If its additive, the increase versus being a total is huge. If its multiplicative, this is an extra two hits from most units over additive. The difference gets even more pronounced when it gets up to 9%!

If SM is applied after rather than before, the resulting hp in all 3 possibilities is several hits lower.

Keep in mind that for every hit it takes to destroy the wall, a single unit of most types should be willing to walk an extra wall length to avoid going through it. So by knowing the difference, you can shave a good half dozen walls off your thickest parts to make them go to a thinner part, which is why knowing how they apply is important.

20. Gary Esslinger

Gary Esslinger Powder Monkey

Why the outrageous change in recruiting times and the use of gems, my cost to speed up the game a little went up by over 25%?