Legendary Pirates - Release Date!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Admin [Midoki], Aug 13, 2015.

1. Skye

Skye Commodore

Mine doubled, from being 4-5 gems to fill my army to needing 9-10 gems. I previously could get a return of 120k each of both resources per gem if I needed to win the battles, or 730k gold per gem if I forfeited. I went from being able to pull off a wall from 11-13 in 25 gems while rumbling to having the only feasible option be to forfeit almost every fight if I have any hope of finishing walls at a decent pricepoint.

I'm not buying any more at that current rate, and I was about ready to get a 6k package to finish everything off when the servers settled :/ I'm sure several others are following suit as well, this was a really bad move on their part. I love pretty much every other aspect of the update, but that just really kills gameplay.

2. Beck [Midoki]

Beck [Midoki] Designer Staff Member

Hi Skye,

As far as I'm aware (and my maths isn't great lol) the buff has a total effect i.e. if it's 3% that's 3% overall, not 1%+2%+3%.

So as per your calculations, if 2% is the buff, the wall hp is 8400 x 1.02

It's awesome that you have picked up on that level of detail by the way :D

Capt Drowns likes this.
  3. Skye

Skye Commodore

Ok thats very good to know (and makes things a lot less extreme!)

Does that also mean that the 2% buff is applied after adding on the stonemason bonus? (8400*1.02 vs 7400*1.02 + 1000) Its only a 20 hp difference, but it could be the difference between surviving one extra hit.

Bou Regreg likes this.
  4. Beck [Midoki]

According to one of the coders I've just been chatting with, the stonemason is taken into account before the percentage is, but he also says it doesn't affect path planning because the HP increase is actually in practice a shield on the walls, so it shouldn't affect how the AI treat the walls.

I hope that makes sense! :D

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

Thanks so much for looking into it.
    Is the stonemason also discounted from AI calculations or just the new additional legendary buff? Sorry to trouble you with so much minutia! But it does help us be much more strategic in where we place our walls, since it gives much more control over how thick to make parts to direct troops where we want them :)

6. Beck [Midoki]

I think the best way to think off this is that Romeo will give the walls a shield, and when the fort is destroyed that shield is gone. The AI should treat the walls as normal (calculating their past as normal) while Romeo is active, they just have a shield to get through before they hit the wall proper.

In contrast, the stonemason perk is active throughout the fight and has a direct effect on health, so the AI *should* take this into account when they calculate a path.

We'd like you all to discover more details yourselves by experimenting, so that's the most I'm allowed to give away, sorry :D

7. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

:pAre we getting paid for Beta-Testing, or like it was called exploring/experimenting by our selfes?

8. Neophil

Neophil Powder Monkey

Hello,

Small bug:
    Attack suffers today. Degat = 0 %, but my legendary endurance was reduced to 0 (?)

9. Neophil

Neophil Powder Monkey

And...

Before the last update , the First 6 minutes recruitment costing 1 Gem. At present , this time is reduced to 4 minutes, why?

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

It was a bug. It was never supposed to be 6 minutes

11. Neophil

Neophil Powder Monkey

Then all the bugs are not bad ;-) it was very profitable during fights

12. Jiminy Cricket

Jiminy Cricket Powder Monkey

With these legendary pirates in the game, which I really like, will we still get to see holiday, or other special, pirates in the future? The Santa one and some of the others were pretty neat still! Thanks for the update, it's a lot to take in but seems overall to be a big positive!

13. Ahh, was not sure if that were the case. Worth defending the fort more carefully then...

Also I haven't noticed, if you are 3 starred, does your LP lose more than 1 stamina? Most I've seen is one stamina lost per defense period....

14. SvenGhoolie

SvenGhoolie Powder Monkey

So what's up with these wonky chest drops? I've been lucky to get 16 chests so far including the top ones and 80% of the contents have been farmable resources. That looks and feels like a cash grab like clash. Be careful Midoki and tweak those drops.

15. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

The chests are farmable as well as buyable. There is no cash grab by Midoki, just more variety in the way you can obtain resources.

16. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yup. And No material is Paid Chest only. Any material that is "Chest Only" is lootable from a "Battered Chest" or a "Davey Jones Chest" The only benefit of buying a chest is the heightened chances of a rare item.

Skye likes this.
  17. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

Buying a chest also saves you the hassle of recruiting troops and then sending them far out to sea in the hopes of defeating the enemy be it man or beast.

... Some people are gluttons for instant gratification.

18. Skye

Skye Commodore

I believe that a bought chest will have a better return than gemming a days worth of ship exploration time when looking for rare materials or davy jones chests, if you're looking to get things super fast. But for common materials, short (2hrs or less) trips that take a couple close enemies for a chance at battered chests/gunpowder/iron will probably be much more efficient. You might only get materials in half of the battered chests, and they might only drop a quarter of the time, but if you send your ship out every 2 hours on these short runs, the law of big numbers is in your favor and you'll get a lot of materials (or battered chests) pretty fast.

19. Beck [Midoki]

Glad you like them! Obviously, I can't promise anything here, but we will definitely consider it :)

Jiminy Cricket likes this.
  20. Skye

Skye Commodore

While PH9 can upgrade their fort to hold every pirate, is this possible at PH4, or are PH4 given an alternate way to swap pirates if they chose one they didn't want? Or are they stuck with their selection until they make it to a high enough level to finish upgrading their fort? I was asked by a lower level friend that was concerned, and I wasn't sure how to answer him.

Bou Regreg likes this.