Legendary Pirates - Release Date!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Admin [Midoki], Aug 13, 2015.

1. AquaZero

AquaZero Powder Monkey

Ok but um you're making people want to quit who cares if there's none left for future months if half of the people who play this quit we want the Pirates to have them not for you to go and say wait a year to get a single pirate because screw you

2. AquaZero

AquaZero Powder Monkey

EVERYONE DEMAND A PIRATE LETS START WITH TINTO

3. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

I demand Captain Hook! Captain Cook! And some guy named Darwin!

4. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

I demand Guybrush Threepwood, Jack Sparrow or Long John Silver :p

(apologies to more impatient pirates - but the more times I get duplicates, the closer I get to AC8!) :)

Bou Regreg likes this.
  5. Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown Crew

I'm surprised nobody suggested Dread Pirate Roberts. He is a pirate of near-mythical reputation. He is feared across the seven seas for his ruthlessness and sword fighting prowess, but Roberts is most well known for taking no prisoners....at least that's what it says on Wikipedia.

Kelani likes this.
  6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

He's also well known for abandoning his career the second a Buttercup strolls by. ;)

Heard he also had a bit of an Iocaine habit, too. :p

Tikigirl likes this.
  7. CerealKillerBowl

CerealKillerBowl Powder Monkey

when will you release the other six?

8. Beck [Midoki]

Beck [Midoki] Designer Staff Member

Keep watching the seas, they're coming soon!

9. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

STOP WITH THE BLOODY SOON!!!!!!

I don't know who does your marketing but fire the B>> You as a group need to get your shyte together and give dates. Soon is a cop out. You have got your LPs as a major addition to your game and you have no idea as to when? Come on!! get on the ball. What a way to kill any excitement or looking forward to them coming. People don't believe you anymore.

Christmas is coming soon, so is JC.

Yes we know there is a problem with the October updates, but you need to explain why it happened in detail here. You leave a question all people will do is speculate on what went wrong AGAIN!!! and yes people are saying that. That's why you created this forum was to exchange information!!, between Midoki the people who play your game and between these players. And all you pass on is SOON??? its become a LIE Midoki. People have gotten to the point that they think you a feeding us a lot of BS just to cover some sorta internal problems. it doesnt matter what the real problem is, its the perception of being inept and thats what you have gotten to. People in guilds laugh at you. Or the line, "ill believe it when i see it comes out", Then its follow by, "we need desparately something to fix/rescue/make better playing so we can get our guilds back to the way they were"

The want it plain and simple.

Use this forum as it was meant to, for YOU as company to get your players excited about the future of this game. Word of mouth is a killer and that's whats happening now. Your word of mouth is here and you are not using it. The word of mouth about the game is only one sided and its wrecking the game. Change it....There are more questions than answers and even your answers are not answers.

I will give high fives to @Lynsey [Midoki] The lady is trying. But dammit time to give her a bit more support.

I like this game, i enjoy the people I have met, and how it involves people. I plan to be around it for as long as its fun. Keep it fun.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  10. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

I agree, I was saving my last spot in my fort for greenbeard. I kinda gave up, but midoki is probebly doing the best the can because Apple is doing all there software updates so every app out there is probably trying to get cought up(I'm not really a tech guy so I don't know the term).

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I hate SOON also, but that was a bit harsh. "Coming Soon" isn't a Rovio/Midoki creation. It's industry-wide speak for "We may or may not know when this will happen, but we can't tell you"

It's the nature of the beast. I suggest you get used to it like the rest of us.

peg-brain bob and Bou Regreg like this.
  12. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

I don't think it was harsh at all I play other games. Usually when they start dropping sneak peaks and preveiws and look for this soon to be release update. Most of the times its with the week. This soon isn't a week it's been dragging on for a month.

And on top of that he was asking when the next batch of LPS were going to be released. I think as as courtesy if they didn't want t give a specific date why not say as per example end of November etc etc. It's not like they haven released LPS. Midok must know when the will release them. With 2 updates supposedly happening in October and then nothing. It's agravating esp when Its been said everything's is a go for the new rumble scoring system.

A lot of good players feel this way. Id be saying to suck it up is harsh

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  13. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

This would've been the perfect time for Beck chime in again, this time with only these two words... "very soon" :D

14. Skye

Skye Commodore

Unfortunately there's nothing Midoki can do about it. They submit it to Apple, and then wait for an ungodly amount of time before Apple decides to OK it. Its impossible for them to give you a date, because all they know is they submitted it to Apple, and that they will click the launch button as soon as it gets approved.

peg-brain bob likes this.
  15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I agree 100% that it's aggravating as hell, and wish nobody did it. My point is that your post seemed to be complaining at Midoki for what is essentially a common strategy throughout the entire industry. It's infuriating, but done for several good reasons. (marketing/teasing/avoiding being scooped by the competition) And as @Skye said, most times, it's out of their hands.

16. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

its not the stategy of saying soon, and then in a timely manner an update appears. All the games i play that has happened, i dont sit back and say i ll believe it when it actually happens. Because they have been consistent over time. The problem is whats happening here. A SOON here now means nothing.
    Its been used to much without anything happening. Then when anyone asks a direct question, all you still get is SOON. Yes there are all kinds of reasons updates could be delayed, but its what has been happening here in the last couple of month with this game and forum. So the end result there is an attitude of when ive chatted with my guild mates and others is, "whatever, guess we will see something eventually maybe"

You goto their FB page you see LPs being displayed. Im like ok thats a nice piece of artwork, doesnt mean much. I goto as per example COC's Fb page and i see something new, im excited and know its actually coming and probably within the next week to 2 weeks tops.

I just think with the present situation, a different approach should have been done here. At least until things get resolved with getting the back dated updates out the door. People are understanding if they are given some information, a dearth of info only gets rumours and scratching of heads going.

17. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

I think he did on Facebook, the previous mention of the update was October 12th. And that was a coming SOON mention, today, it was switched to VERY SOON, did we get a time line here... Soon means 16 days, till we get Very Soon, now just need to see what the time span of Very Soon will be...

18. Beck [Midoki]

Beck [Midoki] Designer Staff Member

@Enuthral I would really appreciate it if you weren't so abusive next time. At the end of the day, if we gave you all a date and that date slipped, we would have lots of very angry and disappointed people venting at us. So we only give dates when we are absolutely positive that things will fall into place for that date. As others here have mentioned, submissions can take an undetermined time, so we can't even tell you when an update has been submitted because it doesn't always go through straight away.

We're not sitting here in our office deliberately trying to wind you all up, we are constrained by what we deem to be a professional and fair line to take - and that doesn't involve giving out dates that could keep changing due to circumstances beyond our control.

Ian, Kelani, Souki and 7 others like this.
  19. Bat

Bat Powder Monkey

How is there not a silo upgrade. I have had to trash materials left and right and now there are more materials available without extra inventory.... Anyone else upset by this? Otherwise, update looks pretty good.

20. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Thank you for the response. First off, I am apologizing, As it appears I have hurt yours and people in your group's feelings.

I have not hid who i am, and believe in taking responsibility for my words and actions here.

I do not believe i was abusive, i believe i was harsh. And that was for a very specific reason. No matter that we use avatars or game name and only exist in a game world that you and your group have created. Everyone here are still people. As such people have feelings and expectations of how WE would like to be treated. And most times that is with honesty and courtesy. Even if that honesty is bad news. We then as a social group can deal with it, in any form that it comes across here.

In being here in this last little while, what i have observed and anyone who looks thru past threads and discussions can find what i saw as well. Is the appearance of people seemingly being not being listened to and/or given the courtesy of a straight answer to their questions and concerns. But one word answers are not courtesy, they come across as "haha we don't care what you want to know". The most common mention in the last couple of months is you wont answer anything. I'm not the only one who has noticed this.

Yes i agree there are things out of your control in releasing updates and your long term Legend Pirates development. Maybe saying so would go a long way to easing that kind of tension. Yes there is the problem of company inside problems showing up, but you did set up this forum to give your players the information to be in your game world, Good or Bad. There needs to be a balance struck of keeping that professional and fair approach you mentioned and the courtesy of treating your players that they would like to be treated as people. I think that as a company you need to visit that balance once more. You have created a social game, and believe it or not even if you are not sitting in a guild chat room. YOU ALL in that office as a group are a big part of that social group. You lead, you guide and encourage people to be in your world. I would think anytime you read a question or comment, please think of it as if that person was sitting with you at your desk face to face talking with you with all that entails.

As i said before people are due courtesy, and as people you and your team deserve that as well, so i will say again
    I apologize for my words as they appear to have cause discomfort to your team.

Enuthral

If you wish to lock this thread that is entirely up to you. I do not wish this to turn into a long term bashing of Midoki thread.

Thanks for the update, still have not seen it, been a busy work day....