Level 11 Mortars Do Not Bounce Troops

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by sd619, Jul 16, 2015.

1. sd619

sd619 Powder Monkey

After I upgraded my mortars I noticed that they do not bounce the enemy around anymore.

Midoki, are you aware of this bug?

Thanks

Raptelan likes this.
  2. Bear

Bear Commodore

Oh my goodness! I had not even noticed that! I can confirm this bug for Android too!

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

This is unacceptable! This kills the effectiveness of the mortars. I wish I had known before I wasted my time and gold upgrading them!

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

Also, there is a bug with their damage I believe. I have replays of gunners taking direct fire from mortars. They are not being knocked back, so they should not be receiving less damage due to the splash radius. But it took 4 direct mortar blasts to kill 2 gunners!

5. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Wow, this sucks so bad, I was wondering why these bases with maxed defenses were so easy to defeat.

Cancelled my upgrades in progress and advised my guild to do the same. I want my lost days and gold back, not to mention gems for the re-recruit bug. :(

Bear likes this.
  6. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Woe. That's interesting, good to know too.

7. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

OMG

I'm so glad you caught this sd619. Seems that the only notable feature is the additional cannon and added walls at this point.

That mortar bounce is a huge benefit, especially when it sends pirates into the water and slows down their overall recovery.

TiGeR

Bear likes this.
  8. mofojoet

mofojoet Powder Monkey

lvl 11 Mortars are not bouncing or have as much splash damage for me either !!

9. c00ni

c00ni First Mate

Oh I was just about to start my Mortars upgrading...
    @Lynsey [Midoki] can you acknowledge this bug and let us know if it's a server-side fixable bug or if we will have to wait for the next update?

10. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Yep, we're aware of this bug, and it's been fixed - unfortunately it's not server side, so will require a client side update. I'm not sure if the issue was fixed time for the interim update (that will just have fixes) or in the next big update, I'll have to check.

Skye, BB-8, 850arrr and 1 other person like this.
  11. Bear

Bear Commodore

Any word yet?

12. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Oh awesome, mine just finished and now I see this.

13. Lynsey [Midoki]

Not this update, but the next one.

850arrr and Bear like this.
  14. sd619

sd619 Powder Monkey

Thanks Lynsey. Major bummer.

BB-8 likes this.
  15. BB-8

BB-8 First Mate

It really has become a major issue giving attackers a major unfair advantage as one of our main defenses doesn't work properly. It allows players to walk all over your base. Please tell me this next update is being rushed through.

16. sd619

sd619 Powder Monkey

How long are we talking about here? My mortars are close to useless it feels like.

17. Lynsey [Midoki]

It's going to a few weeks due to the Apple submission process - we could have pushed out the fix on Android two weeks ago, but unfortunately iOS takes quite a bit longer (and obviously we can't do one and not the other if we want to keep things fair!). :(

18. BB-8

BB-8 First Mate

any compensation to the people that have done the update? Many of us upgraded them before knowing there was an issue. Since finding out there was an issue there are a lot of people and guild telling people not to upgrade them. Because of the lack of splash damage it's causing our bases to be destroyed much easier than before loosing a lot of resources in the process.. We are open sitting ducks at this point.

19. Skye

Skye Commodore

I never understood why apple is so ridiculous about update submissions
    I get why they screen new apps rigorously, but once you've proven to be a good app (nevermind a featured app highlighted in their metal showcase!), you'd think they'd approve things much less stringently. You'd think they'd want their high-profit apps (and I'm pretty sure you make them a lot of profit) to be expedited through approval process for updates, since they're making such a big cut of sales. Any other platform would see same-day, or worst case, next-day bugfixes on serious issues.

I am curious how you guys let this one slip past QA though. Given how you QA such tiny features such as language/localization tweaks in messaging, you'd think a critical battle component that should have seen hundreds of playtests each from every member of the staff would have caught at least one persons eye. I understand other issues, like AI and stuff, can be hard to detect in a microscopic simulated environment, but if you're really testing out maxed bases hundreds of times, a core battle feature like that should be pretty obvious :c

Its good to see its coming though. Hopefully soon.

Any thoughts on the next major update (past this much needed one), implementing a patch system that allows users to update assets after server maintenance without needing a full app update? Many other games have a system like this so only major engine updates need to be reapproved, and you can hotfix most issues very quickly.

20. Bear

Bear Commodore

Ah, who cares about fair?!