Major update requested by many many player

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by pete, May 27, 2019.

1. pete

pete Powder Monkey

Hello all,

Lots of player must be aware by now of the message to midoki letter that was send trought app phone chat(slack, line, ect). Here the letter that was transmitted. Would be nice if player would give their feedback here on this forum ✌️ And i hope you see that lyndsey or midoki

850arrr and Oak Island like this.
  2. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

3. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

4. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

There you go @pete :)

Edit: the images were there, now I just see [​IMG]

Trying again:

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    pete likes this.
  5. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

6. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

7. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

The images and the following were copied from another chat:

“Hello everybody:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::man-raising-hand:! Russian's guild players decided to ask Midoki to upgrade the game. We delivered this message to creators. You may join us and deliver the message too.:eek:k_hand:We hope that it will revive the game and will attract new players. Thank you everybody:fist::man-raising-hand:”

8. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

I’m going to assume the Russians who wrote the message to Midoki or whoever wrote the message for that matter do not belong to the forums, because we have been asking for many of these, and other upgrades, for years. I don’t want to be a downer here, but I don’t think we will see 95% of what was asked for there. I think we will get a PC upgrade soon enough, and maybe a few other random things (like new outfits that don’t change the game whatsoever), but that’s about it. There have been sooooo many fantastic ideas posted here on the forums that midoki could have incorporated long ago, and they have done next to none of it. For example: new LPs, new defenses, new pirates, new events, new buildings, the list goes on. And the main answer as to why these and other ideas have not been done, players on old devices would not be able to keep playing. Well isn’t that a tragedy. Midoki have prioritized old devices over upgrading an amazing game- perfect business plan.

I have been a long, long time player of this game, and I am for sure part of the group playing less and less overall. I am actually getting bored with the game, for once. The graphics are still fantastic and the guild events can be fun, but overall I’m simply losing interest. The game hasn’t actually changed in years. PH upgrades are cool for a minute, but upgrading walls for months on end is just plain annoying. I’m not the one to just up and quit, but I’m definitely looking for new, more intriguing games and simply playing this one less and less.

The final point id like to make, which is also worrisome, midoki is replying less and less to forum questions and posts. I’ve asked @Lynsey [Midoki] a few simple questions lately and received no replies. What does that tell you? It tells me PP is not much of a priority anymore. In the end, I appreciate someone writing a letter to request some changes, but I figure it will go nowhere, do nothing, just like all the posts here on the forums. Good effort, but don’t hold your breath.

Cheers,

-Oak

9. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

I agree 100% @Oak Island the message is definitely not new, and I also think that it is falling on deaf ears.

10. pete

pete Powder Monkey

Wow oak island i couldnt said better than that, all you said make perfect sense. Right now im only playing for walls upgrade and try to find material...and yeah i assume that everything that as been written in that letter must have been ask a long time ago.. and i find it strange that lyndsey would not give an answer on anything that was written on that letter. She was answering lots of question on this forum a few month ago :/

11. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

As I've mentioned a couple of times previously, we're not going to make the game unplayable for a sizable chunk of our player base. We'll keep on reviewing the device usage figures, but whilst the majority are on older devices, we're not going to discard them as it'd lead to entire guilds being decimated. As I also mentioned previously, we're hoping to push things a little with the next update (seeing if we can increase crew and island sizes, new event, etc).

Unfortunately I can't answer questions about release dates, etc, because if there's one thing we've learnt it's that giving even a vague date will jinx it! It's not something exclusive to us (see 'Valve time' or 'Blizzard time' or 'Blizzard 'soon' for details). So now, we don't give dates or even estimates.

As for the letter, this is the first I've heard of it, but to answer some of the points:

- The 1v1 Rumbles won't be changing back to a 5v5 format. We've found that 1v1 Rumbles have been far more popular and have generally improved the matchmaking. Obviously the matchmaking is still far from perfect, so we're hoping to have the matching by the guild's average Rumble score in for the next update. We're also planning on upping the Rumble Rival chance.

- I don't know what they mean by 'tokens' - do they mean Event Tokens, or gold/grog? It's not clear because they talk about doubling it for victories and guild events, but also about them being found in a chest? Either way, we're not planning any sweeping changes to the game economy at this point, which includes material exchange.

- We don't want all of the Events to be guild events, partly because we have players that aren't in guilds, and partly because we don't want those in guilds getting burnt out. Having the individual events gives guild players the option of pushing hard every event, guild or individual, or being more laid back during individual ones and choosing to put all of their efforts into the guild ones.

SitFlyer_ and pete like this.
  12. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

The 1v1 rumbles are ok, but I do miss going after more rivals when it was a 5 guild race. Now I only see maybe 1 or two rivals and usually they are too big for me to attack so I have to "next" them constantly as they keep popping up :mad:

As for the other items in this thread, all great ideas and would love some new life in the game as I'm hanging on a thread to keep playing.

13. pete

pete Powder Monkey

I didnt know lots of player was playing on old device( must be old ios i figure)..im really suprise people are playing on old device and i understand that it would be unfair if they would not be able to play. The idea is not to dismantle guild at all and sorry if it was sounding like that . The”why” you didnt get the letter..that i dont know..i tought someone had already send it to you by email or something like that but that letter has been going around from ear to ear a lot in guild i was visiting and also in chatroom( you should come in slack it would really be great ). The tocken they must be talkin about gem reward after finishing a rumble or in event last price..very low gem prize for rumble score around 500 000 point average per normal guild( 40 gem is the max i have seen and if that only recharge troop 2 time). Gold and grog at 6 million for reward i think it is fair for now. After reading your feedback on that letter i assume maybe 2 of the thing that has been ask will be done( for me i think its better than nothing). And i really appreciate your respond @Lynsey [Midoki] i know it is not easy to answer all the question ask on pp and you do your best to not disappoint player with the best answer available for you. But at least before the next big update, add the missing legendary in fortress and more enemy on noth sea for founding more material . And one last thing, i hope my EP point will mean something on the next update because right now im at 1 350 000 and cant find a way to use them ...

14. laaafish

laaafish Crew

1 vs 1 rumbles are OK but the rewards are so bad. A couple of days ago 300k for 1st place and current one is 1 million. Rumbles and events only benefit those in full guilds with maxed or almost maxed bases. I can't be the only one losing interest in the game because of this.
    Perks is another thing, it's OK if you have minis in the guild just to fund them.

So many players have brilliant ideas but nothing comes of it!

Oak Island likes this.
  15. Tanglfoot

Tanglfoot Powder Monkey

Totally agree, seems little point in rumbling, when you can make more loot from one easy battle than the total rewards on offer.. It would be sad to see boredom with the rumbling format kill what is otherwise a very good game overall. Hopefully sense will prevail. If it has to be a 1v1 platform, the rewards need to be worth fighting for. There are many other improvements that could be made in my humble opinion, which i’m sure have been covered by many. Such as banking perk donations for when they come up when you cant be online, or donating resource to other guild members, etc etc.. but sorting out the rumble situation must be a priority to keep people interested, surely.

16. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Anything less than 6mil is really laughable when you can battle a few islands for that. That is a good reward for smaller, say PH 5-7 level guilds.
    Maybe add a bunch of material chests to the rumble winnings for the PH11+ plus maybe max loot.....

850arrr, laaafish and Oak Island like this.
  17. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

I like the idea of adding some chests to rumble winnings. Perhaps they should develop a new, rumble only chest that has a higher chance of rare materials and outfits or something. Basically, a real motivation for paying and winning rumbles. I also agree that the loot can be laughable. The 6 mil mark should be the lowest and the highest should be at least double the lowest. If the range was between 6-12 mil that would be good. Unfortunately I doubt these great ideas outlined here by us all will come to fruition, just as so many other great ideas have. Fingers crossed I guess.

Cheers,

-Oak

18. pete

pete Powder Monkey

Soo much good idea...daily challenge..weekly challenge..new rumble reward..etc.. and nothing change, for the first time im taking 2 step back on this game and losing interest, i dont even have the willing to spend more than 5 min connected when im on it..come get my grog its free for all ( @Lynsey [Midoki] you lose player you lose money) sorry to be rude but i dont want the game to die when there is great idea out there and no one cares about it

Sea Patriot likes this.
  19. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

We have had boring rumble matches all week matching half dead guilds or, today is the low point with it being £700k grog and gold reward, which does not even pay for one rearm cost of even 1 piece of wall upgrade.

pete and Sea Patriot like this.
  20. Got to Keep On....Master M...keep the funk...So release some super duper updates...Otherwise... I shall and will need do to a another Mary Poppins..Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious lyrics and that just the start :)

Sea Patriot likes this.