Mines: How Do They Appear for Attackers?

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Alkaline, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Alkaline

Alkaline Powder Monkey

When I replay attacks on my Island, I can see the outline of where my Mines are located, so I'm wondering what the attacker sees. The Mines do place a small patch of grass on the map, so could an attacker figure out where the Mines are by looking for patches of grass that look out of place?

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Yes exactly. The mines are covered by a small light green patch of grass, so when you're placing them it's best to disguise that around other buildings. The Mystic Mines actually look like the Colorful Flowerbox decoration so it's even harder to spot.

3. Alkaline

Alkaline Powder Monkey

Hmm, not sure I like the current setup. I mean, Mines are supposed to be hidden by definition. If an attacker can see where the mines are placed, it kinda defeats the purpose. Having to place the mines directly next to a building to avoid detection, really limits its use and where we can place them. I don't always want to place my Mines next to buildings... It would be nice if they were always hidden, regardless of placement.