Missing Captain

Discussion in 'Guild Strategies' started by lady blackbeard, Feb 4, 2015.

1. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

what about missing (inactive) Captains? Who can kick them? 7 days with no life in them is pretty leaderless.

UPDATE: This was posted prior to joining Wild Piggies. I am very happy there.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  2. Mutiny! But yes you are right, there is no real solution to this except leaving and creating a new guild while trying to get as much members with you as possible.

3. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

I like the mutiny idea. If half the guild hits the mutiny button, Captain walks the plank.

Morganza and Gangrene Beard like this.
  4. walks the plank? More like gets blown away in the sky with a huge cannon, while being eaten alive by snakes and having a great steak which is covered in very hot sauce..

Tex likes this.
  5. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Now, now. Just trying to keep it piratey. No need to go ruining a perfectly good steak.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  6. Tex

Tex Commodore

This sounds like a nice idea for a new defensive weapon. Any chance we can add that to the list? :D
    Or at least if the captain gets the boot, play this animation on his device when he logs in.

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  7. TBird

TBird Captain

Hmmmmm muntiny...
    sounds familiar o_O
    Who would do something like that?

Christy likes this.
  8. SaK

SaK First Mate

If ur not happy with ur guild or captain...join other guilds...thr are lots of them...search in recruitement!

And ofcourse Black Flag( for ph7) and Black Flag II ( for lower ph) is always open for new members

9. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

Thank you for your comments. Of course, leaving is an option ... Good one, too. Just seems like there should be another way. Otherwise, this game will be burdened with empty or inactive guilds. Another version of abandoned bases.

UPDATE: this was posted prior to my finding Wild Piggies. I have been very happy with them.

10. SaK

SaK First Mate

Agreed with u mam..lotsof abandoned bases coming through because of many reasons...if midoki doesnt take any firm part soon...it can be worst

11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Leaving may be an option, but it's a PITA, especially if you're in an established or well-known guild. There've been lots of discussions about this. Good ideas, too. Everything from allowing crew and first mates to vote to demote a captain (requiring a huge majority and probably paying gems to even start the process), or allowing all guild members to pay gems to be allowed to vote on the same.

12. Floki

Floki Captain

I say clean them with fire......
    I see the odd one in our guild who stays inactive demote and I have had the ability to kick but I am just a small cog who likes to play a joke, I will let others kick.

13. PrettyInPink

PrettyInPink Powder Monkey

Ours has been inactive for 31 days! It's so frustrating because if we leave to start a new guild we'll lose out stats and with the pirate request filling up the chat we can't even plan to start a new one:mad:

14. TBird

TBird Captain

Sorry to hear your Captain went AWOL...
    We had the same thing happen.
    The way we got around it, I started the new guild, a trusted person stayed behind and reminded everyone on chat that we were moving.... After 4 days everyone we knew were active had moved. And new Captain took over.
    Last one standing typed in the new guild name 32 times and left.
    It may still be in guild chat.
    Or join another guild with an active female captain (think I know one)

Strike and Kelani like this.
  15. PrettyInPink

PrettyInPink Powder Monkey

But did you lose all your stats? And how did that effect your rankings? We're a top 200 guild.

16. Tex

Tex Commodore

This was a creative way of dealing with the situation.

[​IMG]

Kelani likes this.
  17. TBird

TBird Captain

We went from a top 20 team in the old guild, to #1 in 30 days with our March 1-7 push.
    Had a team high score of 8039

So worked out well, less than 60 days old and we have 2 top guilds and about to add a third.
    Things got better after we moved on.

Just do it and move on, it's better for everyone in the long run.

Edit: just checked stats, 11 billion gold and grog taken in Red Flag Fleet 1; 4 billion gold and grog in Red Flag Feet 2.... So forget your current stats and start new ones

Christy and Ian like this.
  18. Christy

Christy Commodore

Yes what @Tim Thomas said. If you have active members @PrettyInPink and they are reading chat they will follow you. A captain gone that long is just not acceptable. You will regain your rank quickly and maybe then some :D I speak from experience o_O It worked out perfectly. We have our old guild members and many new wonderful members.

19. Tex

Tex Commodore

It also helps if you can create some awesome guild banners to attract eyeballz. :D

20. TBird

TBird Captain

It's all about the banners ;)