Missing crab monster

Discussion in 'Exploration Bugs' started by DamianWars, Jul 7, 2015.

1. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

I no longer have the crab monster on my map. I have had this issue for a very long time (maybe 8-9 months) but never thought much of it. I just actually just thought the crab monster was supposed to disappear once you reach a certain level. My wife recently started playing and now is starting to advance but her crab monster is stil there. Not sure if it's known or how many others have the same issue but I thought I would report it.

2. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

I've been playing for a year. If I ever did see the giant crab it was a very long time ago.

3. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

I will alert the media immediately.

4. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

Is this even a bug? I'm just assuming since the crab monster stays on some accounts and disappears on others. Maybe the crab monster staying is the bug?

5. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

As far as bugs go in this game, this isn't one to worry about.

Becker Redbeard likes this.
  6. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

I don't miss the crab monster but I do know some monsters are replaced with theme monsters like during a holiday and if the crab monster is one of these selected swap outs then I'm not going to see it which means I can't get the bonus award for defeating it x amount of times. I seem to remember that there was a Santa fish last Christmas that many, including myself, could not see. Perhaps the Santa fish and crab monster are one in the same?

Salty Snack likes this.
  7. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah, I think it's tied to why so many people didn't have ice ships etc during the winter months.

Becker Redbeard and Salty Snack like this.
  8. Babajack

Babajack Powder Monkey

Now I missing giant crab too and I can't upgrade Heston. Must to find iron from ghost ship only.

9. yeti

yeti Captain

I have had no crab on the map either for as long as I can remember. Now that we need it to help with materials this becomes a bug worth looking at @Lynsey [Midoki], please

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

Agreed. As challenging as it is to gain material. This deserves a quicker fix.

Tex likes this.
  11. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

I don't have the crab. Wish I did tho bc its an easy material hit

12. Jeff C

Jeff C Powder Monkey

13. Ian

Ian Commodore

Note to self: don't get Heston until Crab returns..

No Crab here either, I think we accidentally ate it (I told them we had a 'catch & release' policy).. :(

14. Vitek

Vitek Powder Monkey

Missing Crab Monster also :(

15. Bear

Bear Commodore

You can get iron from the 3*, ghost ship at oyster bay. It sometimes response north of your island. But no matter where it spawns it's less than 2 hours trip. Making it easy to farm iron, even without the Crab. Though I admit the crab would literally make it twice as easy.

16. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We may have found a solution to the early players who are missing their crab. Hopefully then everybody can attack its weak point for massive damage.

Tex, Cap'n Greenbeard, yeti and 3 others like this.
  17. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

My map is crab free and has been as long as I can remember.

18. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

My PH8 island that has many fortresses left gets a new crab each day, but my PH9 island with just a fortress or two left does not get any. (not sure what is triggering it)

19. Bear

Bear Commodore

I think the issue was caused a long time ago for longtime players. And it just persists. Anyone who started playing after a certain point has the crab.

Super-Nor likes this.
  20. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

I never thought I'd ever say this, but I need someone to give me crabs. ;-)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Cap'n Greenbeard likes this.