New Rumble format (3.4.0)

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Dec 3, 2018.

1. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I can’t agree more. I recently had some new players join and I’ve started rumbling daily and the small rewards for me are big ones for them building their islands.

2. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Just matched Troll Islands. While they are 50/50 (same as our guild), the ph levels are not evenly matched at all. We are almost all ph 12s, while they only have just a couple. Most of them are ph10 and below. I feel bad for a guild of what seems to be a lot of up and coming players to get matched against a much higher ranked and ph level guild. They stand no chance and would be wasting their efforts and we are gonna be bored to death for the next 24 hrs.

850arrr, Jake the Snake and ScoopyWP like this.
  3. Jake the Snake

Jake the Snake Powder Monkey

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

5. Jake the Snake

Great News! thank you! I will reassure the guild to stay patient, when it gets there we will have a great system I'm sure! Luv u guys and gals, still best game out there!!

6. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I don’t understand the rewards system at all. We matched number 3 rumble guild and got less than top rewards.(5m gng/35 gems) However, we just matched 53rd rumble guild and got top rewards. One person In our guild wins this rumble for us. How can this be right?

850arrr likes this.
  7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Best thing to do is to submit a ticket so that we can take a look, but leaderboard placement doesn't have any effect on tiers/rewards - if you had a higher placed guild that had several lower level Pirate Halls, that would probably drag the reward down compared to a lower placed guild with majority higher level Pirate Halls.

850arrr likes this.
  8. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I understand how the system is “supposed” to work. Most of the top rumble guild are nearly all PH 12-13. When you work your way down the leaderboard they tend to be a little more diverse is what I was getting at. Now...we matched the same #3 rumble guild twice and both times got different rewards. Both our guild and their roster never change that dramatically. (Mostly all 12-13 phs). I skimmed about half our rivals roster rn. They have a lot of lower phs (8-12).

I will try and send a ticket when I get a chance. What info do you need? Who vs. who/date/time ?

850arrr likes this.
  9. Lynsey [Midoki]

Yep, we'd need to know the guilds in question, the date of the Rumble and the time (in case you chain Rumbles together and end up having two Rumbles running in once day).

I did take a look at the current number 3 guild, and they had quite a few PH9s - but then again, I don't know how much the leaderboard has moved around since your Rumble (hence why having the actual name of the guild is useful! ;))

850arrr and Intimidator like this.
  10. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

How about taking a look at perks? It’s quite burdensome if the resources necessary to fund them are scarce and lots of players have almost given up because of issues like perk funding. We need the game challenging not impossible

Intimidator likes this.
  11. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

I understand what @Sea Patriot is saying. Small guilds have to take on most of the funding and those resources get eaten up quickly making it feel almost impossible to keep progressing in the game. Maybe perks should have higher or lower cost to fund based on size. I used a lot of my bp in my earlier days when I was in a multi-guild and some of our guilds were not as active or smaller or just getting started up. So I’d hop around when I could to help fund perks. It goes pretty quick when your helping 2-3 guilds over a period of time for sure.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  12. Jake the Snake

So if I kick the rest of my guild other than our idk 10 to 12 ph12 and ph13s we will get higher than 700k g and g rewards for first? Am I understanding this correctly?

13. Jake the Snake

Or explain the the tiers system and where you need to be for what payout or something please, we gotta get our payouts back up to 1.75 to 2.5 mil g and g

14. Lynsey [Midoki]

Yep, you'll be in a higher tier (therefore eligible for higher rewards) if you're primarily filled with higher level players - lower level ones will pull you down into a lower tier, and will (attempt) to match you with similarly tiered guilds.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    Jake the Snake likes this.
  15. Jake the Snake

Thank you for your answer Lynsey!! Just one more please. If we want to stay in a higher tier, who should we allow into our Guild? Pirate hall 9 and up? Ph10 and up? where is the big drop off, trying to be around 2 to 3 mil g and g

16. Lynsey [Midoki]

It's a bit more granular than that - tiers are based around average* PH level and size.

PH level is split across 13 levels, corresponding to the 13 Pirate Hall levels.
    Size is split in under 10 members, 11 - 25 members, 26 - 40 members and 41-50 members.

To be around 2/3 million or above, you could have a very small, primarily Pirate Halls 12-13 guild, or a mid-sized PH10 guild.

The guilds you're matched with can pull the rewards up or down, according to their tier.

* Not strictly an average, it's a bit more complicated than that.

17. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Visited a friends guild recently. They had 15 vs 15 rumble match (guilds primarily ph 12-13). Rewards payout was 3m gng 15 gems.

18. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Most of the changes made to the game derived from players’ suggestions who no longer play.... what about those who have stuck it out for the long haul??? :rolleyes:;)

19. I know I keep saying it (there’s a fair few others also saying it) But this not so new rumble match up system is killing morale for many.
    Even high level, gemming guilds (nothing wrong with that, we play as we want to play) are saying it’s affecting morale.

Can guilds who are enjoying the not so new system perhaps post on here to balance the arguments?

I LOVE this game,been playing for over 3 years now (a young one I know ;) ) there isn’t another game that has captured me so, thank you for that!

There is nothing like the buzz of working as a team and winning.
    There is also nothing like the feeling of pushing the button and knowing there is NO point to the next 24hours! (Both ways)

I do not want to stop playing, like I said there isn’t another game like this one!

Sea Patriot likes this.
  20. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

You know me Flyht, I’ve posted my conserns & ideas plenty of times. Just don’t think I’m (nor anyone else) is truly being heard out here.
    Like I’ve said before: make a rumble format, that is overhauled, to where the entire guild takes turns destroying a bunch of strongholds. Or make the matchup 3v3 and more balanced, one of the two.