New Rumble Matchmaking!

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Jun 25, 2019.

1. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

In addition to @Intimidator ’s request for a rolling guild average on guild profile - can we also see a rolling player average on player profile.

With both of these, the current is a lifetime value (I’m really not sure who finds this useful :confused:).
    However if both were rolling averages - they would be extremely useful for analysing how competitive rival players & guilds are likely to be. :)

WOLLIMAUS and Intimidator like this.
  2. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

I hope we will see a rolling average soon. Many former active players are riding their old lifetime average( it is dropping, but only very slowly) and many now very active players/ scoring double, triple and more what the lifetime averages shows, have a very low lifetime average because of low ph level rumble points/scores when they started to play. ☺️

In both cases that doesn‘t give a accurate picture what is the current gameplay of players.

3. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

I like these ideas about updating the averages, hopefully something like this can be done. Now, my guild has been relatively pleased with the new match making criteria and it has definitely helped overall. However, yesterday we were matched with the number 3 guild on the leaderboard, we were 22, which to be honest there is no reason why we should be matching anyone that high. We put up a decent score but lost by several hundred thousand, and now, are going on a 3 hour wait for our next match! This is by far the longest wait we have had and I think it is because we are not able to match guilds that are actually in our “bracket.” It is attempting to find us a guild that is likely far and above our actual level, similar to our last rumble. Now, this might just be a one-off, but it is quite frustrating to match a top 3 guild knowing you have zero chance of winning and then waiting 3+ hours for a new match knowing that the likelihood of a similar match awaits. Perhaps some additional tweaking is needed for those guilds who are not in the top 10 in the world but perhaps between 15-30 or so? Just a thought.

Update: we just matched, finally, and are now facing the number 1 guild in the world. Again, we most certainly stand zero chance of winning. We definitely do not belong amongst the top 5 guilds in the world. This is beyond frustrating. Wait 3 hours, match the top guild worldwide. Great! Thanks midoki!

Cheers,

-Oak

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    850arrr likes this.
  4. Burian

Burian Crew

Hi Lynsey,

Today waiting time for rumble in Tazza D'elite 20h more or less. This is a problem. Please reduce it if it is possible.

Bye

850arrr likes this.
  5. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Oh wow! Sorry to hear that @Burian! I feel like Tazza should have gotten the match we got vs MMTX and we should have gotten someone closer to our level. But damn, 20 hours is insane! Sorry!

Cheers!

-Oak

6. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

If Tazza had MMTX in their previous rumble they won’t rematch for their next rumble, thats why someone else(your guild) got MMTX now and Tazza had to wait for another opponent. ;)

Or can they rematch if time is gone over 24hrs after their rumble ended and both guilds have hit the rumble button before or after the 24hrs ended?

7. skunkbab

skunkbab Powder Monkey

Our guild is on our 3rd rumble against vastly superior guilds. The first guild is 70 on the leaderboard. The current guild is all PH 14, with, I think one PH 12. This is the first time this has happened. Usually we're more evenly matched. ☹️

8. skunkbab

skunkbab Powder Monkey

I love this game. We are so low, we play for fun and rumble just for compitition. We get better rewards from the events, frankly. Our highest PH is 12 and we accept PH 1, so we have a lot of those all the time. Something is wrong here and, yes I put in a ticket.

9. Rum Runner

Rum Runner Powder Monkey

I am sick and tired of getting the same guild all the time for rumble matchups!!!!

10. Rum Runner

Rum Runner Powder Monkey

If we have to do the same guilds over and over ....and over again ... I'm pulling out ... we get French touch and Crocita Over and over

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  11. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

It’s really out of hand.
    -alpha-1