New Rumble Scoring (+optimization)

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Skye, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Skye

Skye Commodore

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bVH1P8XNgrE-MDtueZpEAxZ0SiLS3pR-H3iu9K4JI94/edit?usp=sharing

This is a work in progress, as I get values I will update the sheet. I'm only going to build it for PH10 I think, because I'm a PH10 and competitive rumbling is really meant to be an endgame thing.

The first page is the table where I'm filling in the PP you get at each PR bracket. If you have a value I don't have filled in, let me know and I will add it. I only need to know the available points against any one PH level and your current PR, I can calculate all other PH levels, for 1* 2* 3* with and without rival, with just any one specific value out of them.

It tells you how much reduction/bonus you get compared to how many points you got in the old system, as well as the reduction/bonus applied for that specific bracket.

The second page is a calculator to optimize your rumbling. You fill in how many gems it will take you to 3* a PH10 nonrival that is PR 401-500 (these points are the same as they used to be, so it makes a good baseline), as well as how long it takes you to win the battle on average. It will autocalculate how long your army takes to hire based on that, but if you aren't gemming, you can fill that in manually, as well as how long it takes total to beat the base as well as rehire the army.

It will then tell you how many gems you can spend at each PR/PH to 3*, 2*, 1* both rivals and non-rivals, to have it cost the same per point as it does at PR401. If you can do it in less gems, then it is cheaper for you to fight at that rank. It does the same with battle-time, for people that don't care about gems and just want to get as many points as fast as possible. It also does rehire time, with and without battle time added in, for players that are manually waiting out their army's rehire time. If you can do it in less time than it calculates for that slot, then it is more efficient to do that than beat a PR401 for your normal points.

For players that are curious about the internals of the scoring, as it currently stands:

For a PH9, you get 10% less points than you did before. For a PH8, you get half the points you would before.

This compounds with a reduction or bonus depending on your PR (only yours, the defender's PR doesn't matter).
    The brackets I know so far:
    At PR 401-500 you get the same points you did before.
    At PR 301-400 you get 10% reduction from what you did before.
    At PR 201-300 you get a 20% reduction from what you did before.
    At PR 101-200 you get a 40% reduction from what you did before.
    At PR 1-101 you get a 60% reduction from what you did before.
    At 501-600 you get a 5% bonus from what you did before.
    At PR 601-700 you get a 15% bonus from what you did before.
    At PR 701-800 you get a 25% bonus from what you did before.

The bracket sizes are correct, although I'm missing data for anything over 800.
    Below 401 you get a reduction.
    401-500 should be the same points as you got before.
    501+ starts getting a PP bonus.

In addition to this, 1* now only gets 10% of available PP, down from 25%. 2* still gives you 60% of available PP, which means 2* victories are likely still more efficient than 3* victories.

For lower PH levels, if you're PH9 or lower, the reduction amount/brackets may be different.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    Rimeeek, # Johnny Doe #, Nat and 4 others like this.
  2. Ebow

Ebow Crew

Good job

3. Skye

Skye Commodore

Scores complete up to PR800

4. Dog Breath

Dog Breath First Mate

Thank you Skye, good work !

5. John56

John56 First Mate

It does appear that the brackets are different for PH9's, it looks like we are less penalized for hitting other PH9's than for 8's or 7's, and much less for hitting a PH10. But I have only gotten data for the 200's and 300's so far.
    As a PH9 at a PR of just over 300, I am seeing 574 PP for a PH10; I believe it used to be 550 before the change.

6. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

Awesome! thanks for that @Skye :)

7. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

The bracket for PH8 is almost same for PR200-300.

8. John56

John56 First Mate

This may fix some of the perceived inequity for lower levels if they attack their own level or higher, as a PH9 as mentioned above hitting a PH10 in the 301-400 range gave me 574, at 401-500 it gives me 605. Old score was 550.

9. Skye

Skye Commodore

PH Lower than 10 got their points buffed for attacking higher level PH (10% for 1 level higher, unsure for 2 and 3 levels higher).
    If there was a PH11, PH10 would have gotten a buff for that as well.

All PH should also have had their points lowered for attacking lower level PH, which if its the same for all PH (I believe it is), is 10% for one level lower, and 50% for 2 levels lower.

This is compounded onto the rival bonus and the buff/reduction for your pr, before being rounded.

PH9 the normal range seems to also be 401-500 still, although the bracketed reductions may be less than they are for PH10.