PH4: Defensive or Farming?

Discussion in 'Build Strategies' started by Ultimate Sea Dog, May 18, 2015.

1. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Hi there:
    Should I do a defensive layout (PH in the centre, surrounded by mortars/gun towers/etc, with resources surrounding it, and the buildings outside)?
    Or, should I place 1 mortar inside my centre of the base, with the resources surrounding it? Pls help, thanks!

2. Farm, 100%
    Don't look at your PR. in fact keep it as low as 1-150

3. Ultimate Sea Dog

1?? I'll get kicked out of TN before I could even say your name.

Kelani, The Fish Eyed Pirate and Ian like this.
  4. Ian

Ian Commodore

I agree with @The Fish Eyed Pirate in that you should protect your resources (stores) as best you can, you will get 'farmed' and most ar looking for an easy win or easy resources.

5. Well I don't want you to get kicked because of me ;) I wouldn't want the wrath of @Kelani to fall on me ;)
    Don't know what the minimum is, but I suggest you keep your PR as low as possible.

Kelani likes this.
  6. Ultimate Sea Dog

Uhh... my rank is low enough at 98... just got plundered:(

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Lol. Nobody has ever been kicked out of Tortuga Nest for having a low rank (and never will, unless they drop to PR1 for a month for no reason). :)

Until you get to PH6 or so, I'd defend the heck out of your loot, leave your PH in the open (but within range of at least one defense), and stay between 40-150 rank. Don't worry about winning raids, just go for easy loot. Get your third and fourth builder, and you will be able to build your town super fast. :)

Also, don't forget you can always ask for help with your base in guild chat. Any of us will be glad to help you out.

TBird, awbo and The Fish Eyed Pirate like this.
  8. Ultimate Sea Dog

Hi @Kelani:
    Just to say that I might be VERY busy for these few days. I might only be able to communicate via this forum. So you might want to look at this forum quite closely for my comments, which might be scattered around the place.

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Thanks, but this thread is not the best place for telling me these things. :) If you're going to be away, just tell a crew in guild chat, or send me a PM.

TBird likes this.
  10. Zink

Zink Captain

this one should definitely be archived

11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Threads here don't get archived. It's generally accepted etiquette that once something is more than a few months old, you just stop responding to it, and if you have something to say on the topic, create a new thread, and include a link to the old one, if it contains important info.