PH8 "DEAD MAN'S ATOLL" LAYOUT

Discussion in 'Build Strategies' started by Captain Catbeard, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Dear plunderers,

This morning I was trying to create a powerful defensive layout and, without realizing so, I accidentally designed how the island "Dead Man's Atoll" from the map would look like. Please commentate on its effectivity and tell me whether it can be further improved!
    http://imgur.com/1lgRf1u
    Thanks for your support,
    Captain Pinkbeard

Ebow likes this.
  2. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Although very symmetrical and nice, this layout will not work. That is because the two Ground Pounders are facing the exact same way, and protecting almost nothing valuable. What you want to do is protect either your Pirate Hall, or the entrance at which your Pirate Hall can be approached.
    Also, your defenses are way too clogged up for my liking. You basically have all your defense, storages, and PH at one place, and then everything else is left wide open. I could probably deploy a few gunners and 50% your base, just by destroying all those open buildings, and a few mines and distilleries.
    Another thing you need to correct in that layout is that huge space between your ship and Guild Ship. All I would have to do is deploy a few gunners there, break your walls, and in I go with gunners and whatever else. Your Ground Pounders would then turn out to be useless, and leaving your base there for the taking. Furthermore, your three storages are right at my deployment spot, making it easy to steal the loot. You need to find a way to make your storages safer. I think you've kept all your buildings and defenses too close, and that makes it easier to end the battle, quickly. The spot at which the attacker deploys troops should always be a far distance from where your core is. That makes the second and third "wave" of troops that are deployed a lengthier time to get there.
    Also, your bunkers are not positioned properly. Your main goal is to protect the entrance. Your mines would prove useless in my strategy. I would suggest turning two of them towards the back, and perhaps leaving two sideways, just if you want. Your don't really even need your distilleries and mines. Perhaps think of using them as bait, or move your defenses, and spread them out, to make a wider base.
    This would be minor, but make the most of every single decoration. You can use them to increase the size of your island, instead of leaving them at the sides. What I suggest is putting your 4 builder huts in each corner. They serve as good bait.
    Remember this. The appearance and symmetry of a base is not worth anything if the base just doesn't work. Looks aren't everything. Lol. Life lesson. Try using the L shape layout, or just modify this layout quite a bit. If you need any more help with layouts, feel free to ask me or anyone else in the community.
    Skillz.

3. Well, that was demotivational:oops:... Nevertheless, I had a 43% victory and a 3* loss with this layout so far :cool:

4. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Hmm, you always wanna keep upgrading though! The stronger any layout is, the harder it is to destroy.

Captain Catbeard likes this.
  5. You just rewrote your previous 25 lines in a friendly sentence. Now this is how pirates talk!

6. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Hehe, you can use both messages to assist you. However, I reccomend changing this layout, as the two GP in the same direction really hurt.

7. Thanks for the feedback, I'll see how my base defends in the future and let you know!

8. Tex

Tex Commodore

What is your current level and in-game name?
    Perhaps I can drop by and demonstrate your weaknesses.

John56 and awbo like this.
  9. Cap'n Pinkbeard, PH8
    EDIT: PR331

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  10. Tex

Tex Commodore

I meant your current Pirate Rank which is needed to hunt (I mean find) someone.