Pirate gets stuck

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Ombit, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Ombit

Ombit Crew

Hi peeps,

I've discovered a small bug when carrying out battles. It's happened twice now.

A pirate gets stuck in the ruins of a building and doesn't move. Nothing seems to try to attack him and the clock continues to count down. I've only notice it happen with the buccaneer and pressing the boost button just makes him flash.

Keep up the good work, it's feeling a lot more stable now.

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for letting us know about this one. We'll investigate what it could be, probably an AI routine getting stuck.

Appreciate the heads up :)

3. Dravdon

Dravdon Powder Monkey

+1 here. I just saw it with a brute. He had just finished taking out a mortar, and he just stood there for the rest of the battle. I think he had a quarter health left, and the only surviving defense was a machine gun tower that I was expecting him to move to. The rest of the island was just over 50% destroyed.

4. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

This bug happened to me today, causing me to lose a battle. My two Brutes destroyed a mortar and then stood still, as the enemy's cannons slowly killed both of them.

5. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

Ok, I just suffered the bug again under identical circumstances. In each case, I Attacked a base with its Pirate Hall surrounded by a wall and all defenses arrayed in a ring around the Hall, including mortar. After my Brutes break through the wall and destroy the mortar, they stand still and are then killed by fire coming from several defensive cannons (including possibly the gun tower).

The problem may be the Brutes have conflicting equal AI priorities and therefore freeze. In this respect, I note that often Brutes will attack a pirate hall even if under fire. So it could be that a brute that has to choose between multiple sources of fire and the pirate hall just has too much on his mind.

6. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

Just saw the bug again, this time with several Gunners. The only similarity in circumstance with the incidents described above is that they froze immediately after destroying a cannon.

7. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Yeah, I've had pirates swim off into nowhere and get stuck treading water all attack.