Possible battle-related bug due to inauguration of events

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Death, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Death

Death Powder Monkey

Hello Midoki,

This has been an on-going issue for myself (and particularly others) for a few months now.

Whenever the beginning of an event reaches the game, the battles become significantly easier (less plunder points available and lower pirate halls; resulting in boring, monotonous gameplay) - and some of the pirates in my guild have even complained about constant 'no battles found' messages.

It leads me down the path of believing there's an error with your system and match-making for whenever an event starts; since normally, when there's not an on-going event, the battles and bases seem a lot more evenly balanced and providing larger plunder points gains.

If you wouldn't mind, and perhaps I could be entirely wrong with this whole thing, would you mind just checking to see that there isn't any glitches/bugs that correlated with what I've stated above?

Thanks,
    Death

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

You're wrong. ;)

The issue is that, when a battle event starts, players become a lot more active. Guilds do more Rumbles, and everyone is battling more. This has a few knock-on effects:

1) Because more people are active, they're online more, meaning that they're spending less time in the matchmaking pool

2) Because more people are battling, more people are looking for and starting battles, which also reduces the number in the matchmaking pool

3) Because more people are getting attacked, they're also spending more time being shielded. This is mitigated slightly by the fact people are more likely to break their shield to attack themselves, but the shields are obviously normally left intact if the player is attacked before sleeping.

So, during an event, you're likely to see more competition for the high loot, on-level bases, which means that the matchmaking will expand to find a possible match (if it can't, that's when you end up with the 'no battles found' messages). We are looking into ways to solve this, but it's not going to be a quick solution.