Rapt Renegades - An awesome team of social, competitive players! (PH8/PR400+)

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Raptelan, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

We are a team of fun, social, and competitive players; free of drama and inactive members, with a clear guiding philosophy. We are an English-speaking guild but have members from all around the world, with members online around the clock. We are a great team and seeking only those who want to be active participating members of our family! We have a great mix of men and lady pirates!

Attributes of this guild:
    • Guild Alliance Philosophy: 50 is a nice sized family to manage and I don't want to worry about anything beyond that. That said, we have grown and decided to add more guilds to our alliance. These guilds are independently operated and are appropriate for members with different focuses. Members are free to go to other guilds and come back as room allows should they desire, whether within or without of the Rapt alliance.
    • Rules: Simple and clear, and listed below - we are not a restrictive guild but for the best interest of all members, everyone must abide by the same basic standards. Outside of the clearly documented and simple rules, we are a guild of free men and women. No member will be asked to leave or booted from the guild unless they are violating a rule and do not heed warnings to address it.
    • Promotions: Given based on clear rules - you can ask about them but asking for them will do nothing but get you advice on what to do to meet the requirements:
      • Cabin Boy - Used for members in compliance with one of our rules. This is a warning status and cabin boys will be booted periodically if warnings are not heeded.
      • Crew - Used for all members in good standing.
      • First Mate - Given to only a few members at the Captain's discretion, and has additional responsibilities helping manage the guild. The number is kept restricted so that there is a clear leadership team with low likelihood of any drama ensuing.
    • Walking the Plank: We try to give everyone a fair chance. But if a new member does not introduce himself or actively participate in the guild within a reasonable time period, he is booted. Members who are not meeting a requirement are given encouragement and support to try to get them to meet the requirements. Those not meeting requirements are first demoted to Cabin Boy as a warning, and if they do not respond or meet the requirement, will be booted in due time. All members are held to the same standard, regardless of seniority or rank.
    • We are pirates! We are here to have fun. All members are completely free to have their own opinions and express yourself openly and honestly, but being disrespectful to others within the guild isn't welcome. Enjoy the game for what it is and guild mates for who they are! That said all are welcome and you completely free to be themselves.
    • Guild Communication: We use a Slack team chat to allow for unlimited message history, attachments, device notifications, private messages, and phone, tablet, and desktop clients. Joining our Slack team is mandatory for all guild members.
    • Perks: All five are kept constantly funded and you have to be fast to get a donation in! For the guild ship there is no obligation but we ask that you respect the specifics of any request rather than donating incorrect troops. Guild Ship requests are generally filled immediately, and there are no limits on what you may request!
    • Guild Competition: We have periodic rank pushing events, where we ask all members to push their rank as high as they can. We all try to set new personal records and help each other learn and grow from the experience, as well as see how high we can collectively get our guild rank. This fosters more active and fun team activity within the guild!
    New Member Requirements:
    • Pirate Hall level 8
    • Academy level 6+
    • Voodoo Hut level 4
    • All guild perks built and fully upgraded
    • Keep your Pirate Rank (PR) above 400 at all times
    • Treat all guild members with respect
    • Play the game regularly, and let us know if you need some time off in advance
    • Participate in Guild Chat regularly, share replays, ask questions, have fun!
    • Join and participate in our Slack team chat
    • English fluency (all nationalities welcome!)
    About the Captain:

I have been playing this game for over five months and really love it. My island is upgraded to nearly the maximum possible and I just have walls and academy trainings left to work on. I have made it into the global top 50 with a Pirate Rank of 852. I have developed a fair bit of skill with layout design and attack strategy. The game isn't all about rank to me, nor do I think of it as anything more than a game, but I like striving to be the best player I can be and enjoying the competitive aspect of the game.

If this sounds like a place for you, let's talk, or just request to join in the game!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  2. Smeitem

Smeitem Powder Monkey

Hey Rap. Good to see you on the forums, in the recruitment threads no less. Should be interesting to see your new guild take shape. See you in the top 100 soon. Go easy on my base if you run across me. We still friends right? LOL. Love your guild name.

Raptelan likes this.
  3. TBird

TBird Captain

Good luck Raptelan, with you as Captain RR will be in the top 10 in no time.

Raptelan likes this.
  4. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Always friends, yes, but that doesn't mean your base will be spared! Might be a while for the top 100! Getting a few good initial members is probably the hardest part...

Hah, well our flag is also red... ;) Need a few good pirates to get started though!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  5. Skull King

Skull King Crew

Rap will be a great Captain. He was a member of Meyham Mutineers for a while and he is a great guy to chat with and an honest fair play gamer. You can't go wrong joining his team.

Rap, I think this is awesome and I think as @Smeitem said, you will soon be in top 100. I congratulate you and wish you the best! :)

Darke Shadow and Raptelan like this.
  6. Ian

Ian Commodore

Great post; clear, concise and with focus.... Good luck....

Raptelan likes this.
  7. Three Cheers to the newest Captain of the Seven Seas! :D

I love your mission statement! May your decks be flush with fine pirate recruits...perhaps even some fine lady pirates as well.

Just an idea: It may be a thought to nurture those brand new pirates just starting the game. *cough cough* Androids...*cough* I imagine there will be MANY eager pirates that could benefit from your tutelage. Understandably, a strong player like yourself would be without all the perks as his nursery grows. But on the flipside, might be very rewarding showing the newbies the ropes. Here's my two pennies ;)

Best of luck Mate!:)

Raptelan likes this.
  8. Well done Rap, I am so happy for you, and have no doubt that your guild mates will benefit from your experience, tireless sharing for those in need, and the leadership abilities that make great Captains. It's an honor to count you as a close friend, Best of luck, see you on the game board soon.

Raptelan likes this.
  9. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Enjoyed reading through the hit list. Best of luck brother!

TiGeR

Raptelan likes this.
  10. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Well as mentioned right now I am happy to have anyone active and trying to improve - perks and PH8 aren't really required from my perspective, however to get the most out of a guild they are needed. I am happy to always fund the maximum amounts to the perks and donate guild ship troops - it makes things fun and is really all that I can offer as incentive for joining the guild, other than good company. If somebody is a dedicated player that's what matters; I will take that bullet point out of the description for now as it doesn't really apply.

Darke Shadow likes this.
  11. Bear

Bear Commodore

Hope this works out for you!

Raptelan likes this.
  12. Tex

Tex Commodore

Great looking banner Rapt. :)

Raptelan likes this.
  13. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

We now have a few active members, and the Blacksmith and Stonemason perks are up and running! We need two more members with Pirate Catcher to get it going, so that is my next goal!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    Darke Shadow likes this.
  14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Glad to see you have perks active, Good luck!

Raptelan likes this.
  15. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

And now, a nice achievement I am proud to announce - ALL PERKS UP AND RUNNING!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We actively share troops via the guild ship too and ask simply that you try to give about as much as you receive!

We now have 10 members including a nice Lady Pirate. Don't hesitate - if you're an active player come join the fun today!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
    Christy, BILLYBARU, Tex and 2 others like this.
  16. Ian

Ian Commodore

looking good....

Raptelan likes this.
  17. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

We have decided to join the guild race event coming up, and many of us will enjoy pushing rank against other guilds. Although we are small and cannot hope to win by a long shot, we will have fun and set a baseline from which point we can improve, and see what we few can accomplish. If you have a strong base and/or attack skills now is a great time to join us and push rank together! High-level troops are waiting to board your guild ship to assist!

18. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

We have been making amazing progress! Lots of great players, and all actively playing, participating, and chatting to different degrees. We crossed the "50% full" line with 27 players, at which point I realized the only inactives were PH2 and PH3 bases. So I kicked those players and established a new minimum standard going forward - PH4+, and a required rank to join of 100, just enough to show that you're serious. I updated the original post and added the current counts of players with each PH level.

No active members will be kicked if we adjust the requirements later, but lower-level players are encouraged to grow as they can, supported by the whole guild.

As of today we have 24 fun and active players, all perks get funded immediately after cooldown with almost no delay, guild ships are filled within seconds, and we share questions and advice and general friendliness regularly. There is still room for you, so come join today!

19. MoleMan

MoleMan Powder Monkey

Hi @Raptelan, I was referred to you by @Arr. I'm on Pirate Hall 4.
    Rank 74 (currently looting so this rank is not fixed)
    BP 365
    EP 16

Let me know if you need anything else. :)

Raptelan likes this.
  20. Tex

Tex Commodore

Just wanted to put a shoutout to @Raptelan !
    If you join Rapt's guild you will learn a lot of game strategy.

Raptelan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.