Rehire pirates after ship sails

Discussion in 'Exploration Improvements' started by Tr0niKus, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Tr0niKus

Tr0niKus Powder Monkey

Hi I didn't see this on the master list or maybe I didn't look close enough, but much like after donating and going to battle, I'd like to instantly rehire the pirates I send to sea on the exploration map. Thanks!

Skillzone10, Skye, Sweets and 2 others like this.
  2. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

That would be nice. ;)

+1

TiGeR

Edward Kenway likes this.
  3. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

never thought about that, it would be very convenient.
    +1 from me as well ;)

4. Sweets

Sweets Powder Monkey

Yep, I'm on board with that. It makes sense with the instant recruiting option added at the end of battles to have something similar for the ship.

5. Very nice idea

6. Ian

Ian Commodore

+1 here....

7. +1... That would be awesome...

8. neopod

neopod Crew

Yes, the issue I have here is when the Pirates have finished their voyage, they can often be collected on the main screen whilst you have a 2nd full crew that is ready for a Rumble/Plunder. I keep clicking the return crew icon by mistake and waste/lose pretty much a full crew in the process (often 170,000+ Grog).
    So can we have a 'Are you sure?' button when you return the crew if you already have a full crew?
    I actually use this tactic in preparation for Rumbles; set one full crew on a short sail before Rumble start, assemble a second crew on the main page, then when the Rumble starts, I have two crews ready quickly at the start of the Rumble.

9. Skye

Skye Commodore

I did this the other day and accidentally threw out a 700k grog army :c I didn't care much about the grog, since I'm always at max when I'm farming walls, but it was a ton of recruit time gone!

10. neopod

neopod Crew

Ouch, that would sometimes kill me for a few hours.
    So we see a need for some kind of 'Are you Sure?' option then I guess

11. Morganza

Morganza Powder Monkey

+1000 for a warning/confirmation before collecting a sailed crew that cannot fit in the tavern. That's my #1 frustration with the game.

12. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Would be awesome. Saves my lazy fingers from some unneeded tapping. +1.

13. Eros@AU

Eros@AU Crew

thought that was a consideration of splitting the tavern (one for PvP & one for exploration crew) awhile back on this

14. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Personally don't bother about this. As an active human player I have a piece of equipment called brain. Is also has (some) memory slots...:D Our guild is funding perks always within minutes so no issue there. For the most important perk buildings (PCatcher, Training ground) which are so times off for a wee bit longer due to the 4 player funding principle) I know when the are off as theye are pretty much always in sync. Both just now in the morning.

15. Morganza

Morganza Powder Monkey

As an active human player I have a finger that sometimes brushes up against the wrong screen element.

16. Christy

Christy Commodore

As a human with a brain and fingers :) I always wished we could recruit exploration pirates directly onto the ship and keep our tavern to recruit pirates for battle :) It would be much more convenient

peg-brain bob likes this.
  17. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

+1 :)

(I'm told that I too have a brain... now if only I could find that darn 'on' switch... :oops:)

Christy likes this.
  18. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

I think that peg of yours acts as a control rod. But instead of radioactive decay reactions, it is neural activity.

However I don't recommend pulling it all the way out. That would cause runaway neural activity, followed by a meltdown that would lead to a China syndrome, which would result in a frenzied dash to the top of the leaderboard and end in total mental collapse. The consequential supernova originating from your brain would not be good for the rest of us earthlings.

19. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Reading the post some time after my initial reaction I must apologise...

The topic was about rehiring crew after sending ship out, would be a great lazy solution.
    Most of the time I send out the seam crew on the map that I use in battle. Easy when the get back in, just refill the missing ones and you can sail OR attack.