Rumble Matchmaking tweak

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Aug 26, 2015.

1. rhorun

rhorun Crew

PU Y has members from ph 9 to ph 7 yet we still have matched against minis

2. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

Same with Black Flag. Only managed to get one rumble without mini's. And then we started getting matched with mini's again and were getting our butts kicked. So we've put our mini's back in until this actually gets resolved.

3. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Unfortunately same with us.

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Lynsey [Midoki] Tortuga Nest (All PH7-9) just matched a mini guild this morning.

On a related note, I'm kind of disappointed to see RFF3 using them in response just to guarantee the win. Yeah, yeah, it's common practice, but I'm not a fan of the old "They did it first! We're just keeping things fair!" justification.

In this situation, TN would let the mini guild have their little victory, and enjoy an honest fight with the other three non-mini guilds.

But hey, that's us.

Juggernaut, Fil, Rachael and 2 others like this.
  5. Raven master

Raven master Powder Monkey

Doesn't work tortuga nest facing the red flag fleet of minis today. Our lowest ph is a level 7 and we are facing level 2 and 3 in red flag fleet 3. Also facing an Asian clan with ph1's. It's a real pain fighting against this crap.

Kelani likes this.
  6. Raven master

Raven master Powder Monkey

Even if they can manage to fix the mini problem it's still not a contest of skill. It's a contest of gemming

Tiger Claw likes this.
  7. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

It is been said a 100 times before. The rumble format is less about skill and more about massive amounts of raiding as a guild. It is the first of several planned guild vs guild competitions. Future GvG will be more about skill. Rumbles are designed to generate income. Be thankful it does, as those who spend are the ones that support this game. Not those using minis. Rumbles will not change, no matter how much people complain about them. If you don't enjoy them, don't participate. Just level up your island in anticipation of future guild competitions.

8. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

And using minis shows how good of an attacker you are by destroying small bases with maxed troops, really?
    I think this is just an excuse to use this type of gaming, I really believe that developed bases represent such a challenge for you that can't even get a 1 star, that's why you go the minis route, no sense on telling Midoki about this since they had shown such a poor ability to fix and foresee the problems they have, they had been talking about the new rumbling scores system for so long (about 2 months+-) and they still haven't come up with any real ideas, let's not even talk about rumbles matchmakings in some cases 22-24 hrs to get matched. It's flat out inept

9. yeti

yeti Captain

Could you please point me to where this is said by anyone who actually works for Midoki?

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

There have been other posts about it too, but wars of some form are definitely coming.

Ian likes this.
  11. Shonda La

Shonda La First Mate

they're probably slated to come out in 2018.

Kelani likes this.
  12. yeti

yeti Captain

Yes, I've seen that comment by Lynsey, and nothing more than that general statement. Where does it say it's going to be more about skill?

13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

What you're saying is largely true, but to be fair, gemming doesn't always equal victory. TN is pretty stingy. We've never been a guild to gem heavily, yet we won vs RFF3 the last time we matched. :) I'd hoped if we met up again, we'd have a hard-fought rematch, but alas, thanks to the ongoing mini issue, that didn't happen.

14. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Umm Kelani... We didn't win! :p (the Asian guild's minis were more dedicated than ours) ;)

I respect your point of view (that TN won't use minis at any cost). I hope you can respect ours.

(We wish to attempt to neutralise mini use against us, so we can at least compete for wins - our guild members were becoming very demoralised knowing that every rumble, the best we could achieve, was dictated by how many mini guilds we matched).

^ This is not an excuse/justification - merely an explanation of our viewpoint. We very much look forward to matching TN again 'honourably' - when the new points system is released! :)

15. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Soon minis will be history in rumbles. New players to the game will delight in our tales of the 'early' days of rumbles when minis were running rampant.

Christy and peg-brain bob like this.
  16. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Black Flag, what do you mean? You just beat us in a rumble in which u used two minis that scored 3000+ bp each! How are you putting away your minis when you beat us using two minis that clearly won the rumble for u?

17. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

We did. But out of our next 5 rumbles we only had one where we didn't match mini's. We contacted Midoki and after waiting several days for a response all we heard was "that's not supposed to happen". So, after that response and getting our butts kicked in the next 4 rumbles by mini's, we decided to put ours back in the main guild.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  18. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

I could only wish PP was around that long, but I don't think that's Miodki's long term goal for this game.

TiGeR

19. SitFlyer_

SitFlyer_ Crew

Sucks when a rumble starts that you start checking every profile of every guild member in the rumble, looking to see if effort is worthwhile.

Christy likes this.
  20. Shonda La

Shonda La First Mate

Yes! And when you find you're against three guilds with ph1-3, everyone throws in the towel and hopes for an early shield to hide under. It's been horrible for morale.