Rumble Matchmaking tweak

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Aug 26, 2015.

1. Skull King

Skull King Crew

How long has a rumble matchup taken you? We are going on 25 hours now, and still not started.

2. Christy

Christy Commodore

Took us about 24 hours once :(

Skull King likes this.
  3. Craggy 8

Craggy 8 Powder Monkey

The Issue with mini's is still not resolved - we are getting beat from cheating mini's - we get promised tweaks that are not delivering over two weeks ago.

It's making the rumbles really frustrating - I have good players giving up the game because of this.

Please Midoki get your act together.

Kind regards

Scottish Seadogs

Shonda La likes this.
  4. Shonda La

Shonda La First Mate

Ditto. We have not been rumbling bc it didn't seem resolved, but we decided to give it another shot today in case they fixed it. @Lynsey [Midoki] we are strictly ph7-9, since that was supposed to prevent mini matching, and we got matched with a guild full of minis today. This is the second time it has happened since we upgraded our ph6s, and about the fifth or six rumble in a row where we have matched minis. I'm not sure how many times we need to ask it be fixed and tell you people are quitting the game bc of this before you take action, but it is incredibly disappointing it hasn't been addressed yet.

Kelani, Homicide and Craggy 8 like this.
  5. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

I think there's a hack out there for build times. we had a mini do over 375 attacks in 22 hrs that's one attack every three min. That means troops built, search then attack repeat. If I figured it right it takes 7.5 mins to build 15 lvl 1 gunners. They never went offline for the whole rumble. So unless they are a robot, I can't see a human being that consistent over that time.

6. yeti

yeti Captain

Umm...gems? Account sharing? Lack of a life?

7. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

I don't think so esp when those minis disappeared immediately after the rumble ended. i looked at the end scores of the rumble and those minis were not there. I wanted to see what the final total was. But no, poof both gone.I wanted a screen shot, but that didn't happen.

The double wave guild was one of them and the other 4 letter oriental letters guild was the other.

Like come on, are theses scores real?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    Homicide and Craggy 8 like this.
  8. yeti

yeti Captain

Woah! Rumbles are a farce

9. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Well, our guild has hit 20k before, just over actually, and so have many other guilds. We've done it without the use of minis, and even though very tough, not impossible. You just need five or six guys to score 1000 and the rest of the team to punch in solid numbers. What does surprise me is that the leaderboards don't update and unless the guild rumbles again, it stays there. That's a good thing, if you scored really high and want your name to be out there, but seriously, it's not working at the moment.

10. Shonda La

Shonda La First Mate

It resets every week.

11. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

I'm not so sure. #1 guild has been there for quite some time. Also, that other guild with really low guild PR.

12. Daredevile Pirate Guild

Daredevile Pirate Guild Powder Monkey

I was waiting for this change. Because I have single pirate ( only me) guild and sometimes I found myself in very bigger guild. Just finish a rumble and I am winner now.
    I also need improvement in Rumble, which is I want to Chat with other guild during Rumble.
    My guild name: Daredevil pirate

13. Skull King

Skull King Crew

Match making now at 29 hours and still going. Ridiculous!

14. Shonda La

Shonda La First Mate

Kelani likes this.
  15. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Not sure why it's taking you so long, we just did a 15 min search and the rumble started. And found RFF, should be fun.

16. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Oh, I see. Thanks Shonda. Missed a key comment. Will keep that in mind. I'm now satisfied with the whole rumbling issue. They know what's happening, and are trying to fix it. Just hope the new update is soon, since it's no fun rumbling when minis win and dedicated and active players lose.

Shonda La likes this.
  17. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

The difference being those who are subjected to the long waits do not have a low level account(s) in their guilds. Many of the guilds complaining about the minis are still using the minis and low level accounts and getting quicker match ups. If everyone who complained about the minis and asked for this new matching system would stop using low level accounts, the matching system would be working a whole lot better. I suspect this may end up being another case of us shooting ourselves in the foot. We asked Midoki to make some changes, and they did so to accommodate us. Then those who asked for it went back to their old ways, wasting a great deal of effort on Midoki part putting together this new matching system.

Skillzone10 likes this.
  18. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

Bulldogs had a score for two weeks on the leaderboard - I think it resets when you rumble next.

Kelani likes this.
  19. yeti

yeti Captain

Surely that's because the new matchmaking system didn't work? Guilds with ONLY PH7 and up are still being matched with minis in rumbles...

20. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@ yeti. That is true too.