Rumble scores

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by thomssi, Jul 1, 2015.

1. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

how are rumble scores, is it supposed to be sum of bp?

We just lost a rumble but add up scores we won comfortably. Our opponents score was 1,400 more than sum bp. This was approx 4,900 vs 3,500. That is too large to be bonus points or any reasonable lag.

We had a weird result before where we were ahead with seconds left and opponents suddenly jumped about 600.

We have new rumble now, sometimes scores add up, sometimes they don't. Just looking at one now it was off by 7 (start of rumble, scores low), then corrected, lowest score anyone had was 11.

Anyway, big error can be seen linked sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jpmD0qdqg0ErCKtrOWJVaHdCa0WFikM9pyF4y_ZuR9k/edit?usp=sharing

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

If a guild has members leave during the rumble the bp of the members still counts toward their total score, but it will not show up on the score board.

3. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

I know that is the case and could explains some difference but I don't believe it to be the case here, the difference is almost certainly too big. A third of our opponents score was not accounted for and they very definitely did not leave late, their top scorer was the same for many hours and their guild finished with around 47 players in the rumble. Also we kicked a few but can't remember when and guild is still nearly full, also they were kicked for not rumbling, ok difference fairly small but still unlikely. Also does not explain how live scores in first 5 minutes of rumble when nobody has left differ and differ by amounts nobody has scored or scores shortly after.

@Lynsey [Midoki] can someone look at this. If you have some secret formula then say so please. You can see who the rumble was between, it finished midnight, 1am best today.

4. I enjoyed the rumble, the twists and turns, the adrenaline rush and ultimately the victory!!

Thanks for being worthy opponents RRF2. ;)

Til we meet again.

Ian likes this.
  5. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

Thankyou, and I agree, it was a pretty good rumble. Can you confirm though whether very high scoring players left your guild at some point. This isn't about win or lose, and if you see file scores were pretty even between the guilds so I agree, good match up, just trying to understand total vs individual scores.

Cheers

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Ahoy Thomssi,

Unfortunately this appears to be a result of a visual bug where some scoring members of guilds aren't appearing on the leaderboard. This has been fixed in the forthcoming update.

Gangrene Beard and Bear like this.