Share Something Positive for the Day...Quotes, Poems, Thoughts or any Musings that Suit your Fancy!

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Tiger Lilly, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

Calling for any positive mojo in whatever form inspires all thee pirates sailing and plundering the high seas....;) "The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible". -Winston Churchill

2. Slim Hawks

Slim Hawks Crew

Here's one that I find inspirational, and it drives the filling of all those guild ships in rumbles too:

"We rise by lifting others."

Robert G. Ingersoll
    Orator, Attorney, Politician

It's been said by others as well, like Zig Ziglar:

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want."

I like these because of the irony in the juxtaposition, it seems more logical that we rise by standing on others and we get what we want by stopping other people from getting what they want, but the opposite is true :)

Tiger Lilly and Sea Patriot like this.
  3. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

"The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness." - John Muir. To me, John Muir is the pioneer of the great outdoors. I love the outdoors and all aspects of nature. You go into the forest and you enter a universe so diverse and so unimaginable, it is there where peace and serenity live. Take a breath of fresh mountain air and listen to rushing rapids to calm the spirits.

Tiger Lilly likes this.
  4. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

@Sea Patriot...this is so true;)

Sea Patriot likes this.
  5. Slim Hawks

Slim Hawks Crew

I love the forests and woods too -- the beauty of the wilderness fills your mind even as the air fills your lungs, so much of life is chaos and brokenness but nature untouched is perfection.

Tiger Lilly likes this.
  6. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

"Smile, if not on the outside but on the inside; your smile on the inside will brighten those around you... remember to stay positive throughout the storm, in whichever season you are going through" - Sea Patriot, Apostles' Creed

7. Well, dplanks final goodbye...I have enjoyed the chats...the banter and many pirate friends. keep safe God Speed..all the best Dplank..enjoy. Thanks signing off..thanks for the amazing memories.lol ive had fun..

Sea Patriot likes this.
  8. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Sniff sniff, farewell and following seas mate

9. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

For 11 blissful minutes Twitter became a better place... :p;)

10. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

...and then the 'error' was noticed! :(

11. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

“To conquer frustration, one must remain intensely focused on the outcome, not the obstacles.”

― T. F. Hodge

Floki likes this.
  12. Floki

Floki Captain

I've learned that sometimes all a person needs in life , is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.

--Unknown.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  13. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

“It is only human nature to reject change” - Author Unknown

14. Heatmiser4

Heatmiser4 Crew

Go forward slowly - It’s not a race to the end. - flora cash “You’re Somebody Else”

Tiger Lilly and Sea Patriot like this.
  15. Move through space...Time looks back and rewinds in animations...one day you become.. Dp

Sea Patriot likes this.
  16. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

"Re-emerging and exploring, the overall outcome will be determined by strength in numbers" - Sea Patriot