Ship path becomes nonresponsive after crossing 64 tiles.

Discussion in 'Exploration Bugs' started by Skye, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Skye

Skye Commodore

Go to Western Seas with a lv6+ ship, make a path that crosses all the most shallow waters you can find, and on the 64th tile, you won't be able to drag the path further, or reduce it at all. You can switch to Eastern Seas and back to Western Seas, and it'll work again, but there seems to be an invisible limit of 63 tiles before it bugs out.

2. Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown Crew

I have this same issue. I have the ship fully upgraded, but I can't go the full distance. It's frustrating that I can't use my ships full potential.

3. Skye

Skye Commodore

You can use the whole distance if you don't cross a bunch of shallow squares and sail across deeper waters instead, which is probably what they were designing it around (most of Eastern seas is much deeper than Western seas). I do like sailing across a whole bunch of really shallow waters though, since it gets easy gems :c

4. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

I am having same issue. Has Lyndsey confirmed they know this is a bug?

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

Yeah. Hopefully she didn't forget about it!

Lnds500 likes this.
  6. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

It was the 64th bug. Unfortunately midoki has a limit of 63 bugs, anything beyond that gets stuck in limbo. :D

Lnds500, porrig and Skye like this.
  7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

This will be fixed in the next update.

HornyQuokka likes this.
  8. mlc

mlc Captain

9. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

I have an idea, but unfortunately not one that I'm allowed to share at the moment. ;)

HornyQuokka and mlc like this.
  10. Skye

Skye Commodore

If all goes well, are you hoping to have an intermediate bugfix before any sort of winter content update? Or are we looking forward to a larger, but more exciting winter festivity?

HornyQuokka likes this.
  11. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

I have an idea as well. 99% it will happen just after i started a 6 day lv 12 upgrade of my grog facilities, with all of my builders busy. ;)