Skye's Pirate Island Editor (PIE)

Discussion in 'Build Strategies' started by Skye, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Critical

Critical Powder Monkey

'Minis'? :confused:

2. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

A number of players have created a second account which they keep at PH 2/3/4 as these levels have the best [recruitment time] to [BP potential] ratio in rumbles. Their ratio is such an advantage that they can earn over 1000 BP in a rumble without needing to gem.

Critical likes this.
  3. Skye

Skye Commodore

Minis refer to people making low level ph bases for the advantage it gives in rumbles :)

Critical likes this.
  4. Skye

Skye Commodore

bob you beat me by half a second!

5. Critical

Critical Powder Monkey

That is pretty genius, well played!

6. Skye

Skye Commodore

In response to the update, I'm working on adding the legendary fort/silo, variable range GP, and lower ph/defense levels, as well as outcrops and decorations, and the ability to remove pieces back to inventory, as well as cleaning up the range toggles per defense so they don't get out of sync (stateful checkboxes rather than buttons). Doing this without making the UI even more enormous and cluttered than it already is can be a bit of a challenge though.

I'm considering just letting you specify the min/max range for your defense and having it default to the ph9 values, and then if your defenses are lower level, you just type in your number, rather than making cloned versions for each ph level and figuring out all the range numbers on lower level defenses myself. If anyone wants to weigh in on ways to make it look cleaner, function better, or just their opinion on that direction, I would gladly take any input. Its going to be a couple days worth of work so I want to get it right.

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

Excellent work. Really awesome.

8. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

@Skye that's nice. Like it that you looked at my suggestions:)

9. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

Best way forward for sure @Skye

10. Critical

Critical Powder Monkey

This seems to be the best way to go!

11. nomadicarus

nomadicarus Powder Monkey

fantastic work.

I had just started drawing the artwork to make something similar but did not have a scooby how I was going to do so, that all just script controlled?

had thought of a python driven web app or QT app then did a quick web search and found mapeditor.org but before looking into whether I could code ranges and hotkey/buttons in 'tiled' I found your post.

One thing I would like to add / ask: did you, or would you, consider generic symbols for the items rather than screen grabs?
    It would make it a lot cleaner imo.

I started out with a style reflecting old chess programmes:

[​IMG]

edit. ok now I've really befuddled my poor adhd. godotengine.org and overlap2d.com added to the list of fun things to learn. sigh.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  12. Dewald

Dewald Powder Monkey

Is this app still available?

13. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

I’m gonna guess no. Sorry.

14. Dewald

Dewald Powder Monkey

Thanx