Smaller icons?

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by WOLLIMAUS, Sep 6, 2017.

1. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Is it possible to make the icons a little bit smaller? It would be a lot easier to scout a place if not 1/4 of the screen would already be covered. :)
    The zooming more far away that you can look at the whole place doesn't help in this case. It get's to small.

The black banner(PR and other players name) could be the half of the current size. ;)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  2. Acesty6

Acesty6 Powder Monkey

oh i see does anyone can help us out here we have the same question out here

3. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Unfortanatly :( no reply yet on that one @Lynsey [Midoki] o_O

I have tried to play plunders on my sons smartphone :confused:. The icon size is tooooo big. Why it can't be fixed?

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Unfortunately it's a bit too labour-intensive to tailor the icon size to all of the different phone screen sizes (as they vary massively, particularly on Android). Plus there's the risk that if we make the icons smaller, it'll reduce legibility, which is fine if you're an experienced player and you know where/what everything is, but not so great as a newer player.

5. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki]

Thank you for your reply.

Why not reduce the icon size for all o_O devices automaticlly in the next update by 10-20%? Tablets and IPads included :).