So what are the "Guild Events"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Super-Nor, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Seeing that this has actually been marked as delivered in v2.9.x when do we get to know what it is? I am not alone in my guilds in thinking this is the burning question of the moment.

With yet another rumble today with people that gem battles every three minutes I look forward to a different guild competition.

lady blackbeard and acersharp1 like this.
  2. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

Yes, I'm curious as well as to what "these guild events" entail? Inquiring minds what to know!!o_O

3. Ian

Ian Commodore

I can see a lot of HOMELESS Pirates appearing in coming weeks when activity levels are not what's expected in Guilds :eek:

4. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

@Ian hopefully this doesn't happen, let us keep our swords crossed!!;)

Ian likes this.
  5. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

With yet another hated rumble ending I see the winning team top five players have battled on average 100 times each. I assume they like spending the big money and Midoki likes getting it. So keep the rumbles as they are but please give all the other players a way to spend a lot less and have a guild activity that does sour the game for the normal folk that play the game for entertainment. Sorry to repost how much I hate rumbles on a thread that is searching for a glimmer of hope. Rumble on you crazy gemmers. :)

6. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Since everything in this game is based around gems, ie even errands flash at you to gem them :eek:, I can't imagine these new events being easy and free. We'll see though and I'm still highly interested in what Midoki throws down the pike.

Dog Breath likes this.
  7. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

We know now... Just a rehash of those old events...

8. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

NEWS FLASH: Rumbles ain't changing diddly.

Events get a guild wide leaderboard with rewards.

Sounds like for this we need to figure out if we should kick all players that cannot produce and possibly not at the maxed levels or fill to 50 and hope everyone does a reasonably good effort. Someone will figure that out before the end of the next event.

9. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

There are new events in the pipeline (amongst other things), but as this will be the first guild variant of the events, we decided to give it its initial run with the exploration event.

Booty isle and Intimidator like this.
  10. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

I look forward to anything new to keep our two guilds' members interested.

The Boggs' event is my favorite of the three. I can't see in the rain or battle worth anything, and the looting event runs dry around halfway.

Intimidator likes this.
  11. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

For me I like the Thunderstruck event, its downright fun seeing the rain and all the bases flooded.

12. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki] is there any scaling of guild-wide rewards for smaller guilds, as compared to 50-count guilds? Or in other words, does a guild of 20 have the same reward tree as a guild of 50?

And @850arrr the last Thunderstruck event was the first I have enjoyed, maybe because my pirates were finally maxed; they died super fast in past rain events (yes, I know the defenses and sky raiders get stronger).

Tiger Lilly and 850arrr like this.
  13. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Yes, having maxed troops is always a good thing and my core troops have been maxed for quite some time. My MVP for Thunderstruck is Annabelle, especially on bases where the water lets me close to an entry point, where I stun the defenses with Annie and let my troops do the rest.

MorganFlint and Tiger Lilly like this.
  14. Ultimate Sea Dog

@MorganFlint actually in thunderstruck my strategy as a PH9 is to streak to 5, pause, wait 1 hour then streak to ten, pause, wait and streak to 15 etc. and end every day with a streak to 25/30 depending on how well i do. Very gem-consuming but ah well, I'm a PH9...:(

MorganFlint likes this.
  15. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

I personally like Thunderstruck a lot more than Henry Boggs explorations on the seas!:D Not sure what I think of Plunder Time yet.:rolleyes:

16. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Although I'm known as a "crazy gemmer" as some call it. I like the sailing event the most. It's something different than attack, gem, repeat...The Plunder Tme event can just go away for me. It's too gem heavy, even for me. I don't like intentionally dropping rank to find loot and rewards are not enough to bother with it. Only benefit I see is for lower PH players to get some rewards. Max players not so much. I'm looking forward to the new team spin on the Boggs event :)

Tessa Rose and Blueberry like this.
  17. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Speaking of gems. The lack of gem rewards in these events is ridiculous and nerfing the drops in chest. If you midoki people read this... i know active player base is lower than it used to be and you would like to squeeze as much gems out of us players as possible. If you gave some people just a taste of gems, it would equal more sales in the future for players haven't used gems typically before. It's too easy to hit that pink button whenever you want to attack. It's that simple. Lol

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  18. Ultimate Sea Dog

hear hear, do away with Plunder Time please...

Tiger Lilly and Intimidator like this.
  19. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Has anyone heard about the guild event? I haven't seen any details as of yet. Would be nice to know if a smaller guild is at a disadvantage or size is taken into account.

Tessa Rose likes this.
  20. Ultimate Sea Dog

the event at the events tab is a guild event...