The Power of Voodoo

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Admin [Midoki], Apr 5, 2017.

1. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

There's a party in the Plunder Pirates Voodoo Hut and you're all invited!
    For five days, all of the Voodoo Pirates will be working their magic and will have increased toughness and damage.
    Recruit these boosted masters and mistresses of the Mystic Arts, and plunder away!

[​IMG]

2. Capt. Sharky

Capt. Sharky First Mate

Woohoo - what a nice surprise! Could you let us know the actual value of the buffs? And are they in addition to any LP Voodoo Outfit buffs we may be using?

Scarlet Fever likes this.
  3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The buff varies from pirate to pirate, and is applied to their base toughness and damage. And yes, Outfit and Streak buffs will still apply. ;)

4. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

Liking the new streak buffs popping up as well, very Buffy :rolleyes:

Joseph Fonte likes this.
  5. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

So, so good see Midoki working again. Gives us hope . Thank you.

Joseph Fonte, Tessa Rose and Ian like this.
  6. Tessa Rose

Tessa Rose First Mate

thanks @Chris [Midoki] and @Lynsey [Midoki] this sounds fun... Maybe it will be as good as the non dying WD or the first Ching. Those were fun while they lasted even though the WD was a mistake.:p

Joseph Fonte likes this.
  7. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

Lol, while you're at it tell my Hvy gunners to stop slaying random walls. o_O

8. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I'll take advantage of the Voodoo Hut thingy, if only you promise me WD doesn't wander all over the island taking pictures and staring at the briney blue. I stoppped using him due to that reason.

Joseph Fonte and Tessa Rose like this.
  9. Mobotts

Mobotts Captain

I haven't had WD issues for quite some time, thankfully

Sea Patriot likes this.
  10. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

What voodoo event??? I see nothing to indicate any buff or increase in any category of the voodoo pirates. I look at the stats and see them exactly as I have upgraded them to. They attack and die just as fast as they normally do. I also did not see any timer or indicator that the event has started or when it will end.

So what are the percentages and in what category's will there be an increase? And how will it show up when you look at the stats. Would make decisions on what Pirates to take.

I keep getting heavy gunners and they get wiped out really fast, my WDs last just as long. the skelly's do the normal amount of damage and last as long as they normally do.

I went up in rank thinking they would push me past my ceiling of 500' nope didn't happen.

the only thing I do see is a flash page in the news tab.

SO when does This Voodoo event start?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    Sea Patriot likes this.
  11. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The troops have had their base stats bumped up - they'll return to normal on Monday. In the future any little mini events like these will be a bit more clearly sign posted in-game.

12. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

I'll take your word for it, but sorry I don't see it at all and a few of the members of my guild can't tell any difference either

Sea Patriot likes this.
  13. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I feel your pain on the WD's, up until recently my HG's had issues, but WD is miserable. I'm sorry, I'm not one to complain like this but it's terrible how a character can be maxed out and still the AI is all screwy and they die really fast.

14. Maybe because I don't know all the little details but I don't see any difference at all. Hoping for more meaningful changes (like fixing the ranking pluses and minuses) and upgrades.

15. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

I have certainly noticed a difference with my skellies. It's nice to see midoki is stepping up the game, even if it's something small like this it shows they care and are actively working on improving the game

16. Scorpion Base

Scorpion Base Powder Monkey

Its nice to see extended Range of the Witch Doctor make a difference in the final upgrade level