Tips needed for beating Pirate Stronghold at X-Isle

Discussion in 'Exploration Strategies' started by DredPirateDogma, Dec 5, 2014.

1. This is the one with fence pieces all over but high level defenses - I'm a PH6 and have 60 spaces for pirates. What's the best mix/strategy to beat this one? I'm using 3 brutes, 3 juggs, 20 gunners, six bombers and three witch doctors and I still can't beat this one or come close!

2. I advise the following composition of troops: 8 Juggernauts, 2 Witchdoctors, 6 bombers and rest gunners. Worked for me.
    Well at least if we are talking about the same stronghold, maybe you can share it's co-ordinates in a spoiler tag
    like this

CyborgGR likes this.
  3. I believe it is at
    E17

4. SaK

SaK First Mate

like this?

5. just like
    that

6. SaK

SaK First Mate

ok lol

7. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

My suggestion is this.... Always use 5-7 juggs,2 wd, 6-8 bombers and around 30-35 gunners. I have never lost an island battle with this composition.

Also another tip i use... Dont take out everything which gives you many gold and grog in the map just because you found them. Keep them there. They will be needed later on. Just find your best composition and attack them when needed. I myself have left hanging about 20.000.000 gold and grog in total and i will attack to take the loot when needed. Lets say for the ph8... Midoki? Ph8... The update... Soon...right? Thank you! :)

Red Hand of Doom likes this.
  8. Any tips for the Pirate stronghold at the far right bottom corner of the map? 3 mil gold is the first loot for it if that helps, I can hold 65 troops, and have voodoo hut 3, and have maxed out training with academy 4 (yes I know it's kinda low for a Ph 7 but I'm almost to 7500 BP, upgrading it soon) now normally I can take down pirate strongholds... But this one already has bumblebee cannons for the 1/4 raid lol I'm guessing it's going to have max ph7 defenses if I even manage to get past the first one. EDIT: voodoo troops not maxed out, but WD has 6 range which seems a bit helpful but I don't notice much a difference or maybe I'm not implementing it correctly.

9. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

As it is a stronghold there is only one level. Make sure you get all the loot you want, before achieving 50% or knocking off the Pirate Hall, otherwise it goes bye bye. I have wisened up and go after the loot first and don't worry about losing, then when you've drained loot, go for the hall. Shouldn't be too much different than attacking a fellow player at that level, except the stronghold can have more than 2 mortars, etc. Sorry this isn't more specific Bob, but I don't think there's a magic mix for any attack.

10. Ahh my mistake, there is only one. Lol didn't pay attention last night I suppose, I'm sure it's not as bad as the other stronghold that had a ton of mystic mortars