Tortuga Nest: Top 100! (#20 atm) The guild your mama warned you about. [Feb 19: SPOTS OPEN

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Kelani, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

[​IMG]

TN Members: Add a TN Banner to your Signature

Tortuga Nest is all about having fun. We Rumble 2x a week, and do occasional Top 100 pushes when needed. Usually, we just have fun raiding, building, and yakking in guild chat. We're a fun bunch to hang out with, and gladly help any member who asks for it. TN has a great mix of male/female pirates aged 8-65, from 19 countries. We feel strongly that all players need to pull their weight, but we're also flexible. We're all adults with lives, so we understand life happens.

TN's goal: To be a strong, competitive guild that doesn't make members feel like playing the game is another full-time job. :)

So, if you like friendly chat, sharing strategies, and being part of one of the oldest, most respected and relaxed non-fleet guilds around, TN is for you. Send a join request or PM Kelani, and we'll take care of you. Replying to this thread with your pirate name and letting us know you're incoming can't hurt, either. ;)

Who can Join?:
    Please be PH5+ Active (average 3+ raids/day). Some chat (a few minutes a week, in English) is required. Why? Chat lets you donate troops, learn news/strategies, and help/make friends with your guildies. Some Rumble participation is also required. We rumble 2x a week, and expect members to participate in at least 3 rumbles a month. We always make allowances for Life/Work issues/Vacations, but we ask that you let us know in advance.

See Below for our Guild Rules.

Current stats
    ========================================
    Total Members: 48/50 :) 2 spots open!. Join today!
    Guild Rank: #20! (Push ended Feb 10!)
    Rumbles: 2x a Week.
    (Subject to change depending on member needs & feedback)
    Perks: 24x7 (All Perks and COOKIES!)
    Avg Troop Donation Wait: 10 sec. (5 sec. during a rumble.)

==========================================================================
    Guild Rules
    ==========================================================================
    1. Don't be inactive (See What's Inactivity? below).
    2. Don't be offensive in chat :)
    3. Except during a rank push, dropping rank to farm sweet spots is OK.
    4. Members who do not enter chat and confirm reading our rules within 24 hours of joining may be kicked. Afterward, occasional chat participation is required (A few minutes per week is fine). If you can't use guild chat, please create an account on this forum and PM Kelani or a crew so we can contact you if needed.

What's Inactivity?:

• Not playing regularly. We have lives, so we get it. If you can't play for a few days for whatever reason, simply post in chat or PM Kelani when you'll be away and you're good. Don't leave us wondering if you've quit playing! Players MIA for 5+ days without any notice may be kicked. Players who repeatedly vanish for 5+ days without notice may be kicked without notice.
    • Ignoring perk funding - Everyone needs to pull their weight at some point. We know people can't always afford it, and that's OK. We also realize It can take weeks before a player has an opportunity to fund anything. So we monitor this long-term. Members who've been around a long time (2+ months) and never fund will be spoken to, and those who repeatedly ignore requests after that point may be kicked.
    • Donation Abuse - If you request troops, you must also fill other players' requests. Everyone has different troop needs, but be fair and try to donate as many as you take. Members who reach a 1:4 donated/received ratio may be asked to donate more. If that's ignored, they may find their requests delayed until they improve their stats. Note: This policy does not apply to low-level members who don't have L18 Gunners yet. These members may request unlimited troops, but please do not donate until you have Level 18+ Gunners.
    • Logging in, but not playing - This includes: little or no exploring/raiding/upgrading. If you've been playing 300+ days and only have 600 raids and a 25% cleared map, you're not growing, and aren't an asset to any guild. Members appearing to be inactive will have a note placed in our guild spreadsheet, and contacted about it. Non-contactable members may be kicked without notice.
    • Rumble Non-Participation - TN rumbles 2x a week, and participation is simply doing what an active player should be doing: Raiding. Members who repeatedly fail to log 3+ wins in 2 of our 8 monthly rumbles may be kicked. If you can't participate in multiple rumbles for any reason, tell a crew, and we'll work with you.
    In short: If infrequent, antisocial and hands-off is your style of playing, you shouldn't join an active, social guild like TN. It's unfair to you and to other members of the guild.

Promotions go to members who:
    • - Have been in TN for at least two months.
    • - Play regularly, and build their bases.
    • - Prove themselves to be trustworthy and dependable.
    • - Actively participate in Rumbles
    • - Frequently help other members.
    • - Donate troops, and help fund perks, even when it's inconvenient.
    • - Chat often (Without chat, promotions are useless)
    • - Agree to perform crew duties (accept/reject members, pass along messages)
    • - Occasionally participate on this forum
    • - Are willing to join our Crew Chat on the Bindle app.
    • - Sticking a TN Banner in your forum signature can't hurt, either. ;)
    Promotion is a privilege, not a right. Your contributions will never go unnoticed. We're always looking for more people to join the team, so if you deserve it, it'll happen! :)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    reversepick, Luqman and Ashraman like this.
  2. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Best of luck Kel.

Kelani likes this.
  3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Thank you. We're trying hard to suck less. :)

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Words to live by, "try to suck less"

Captain Harlock likes this.
  5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

The way I see it, if you're not perched on top of the leaderboard, saying "We're #1!" smacks of delusion and narcissism.

btw, that's a genuine slogan from a local business. They went through some kind of scandal, and that slogan was their response. They went out of business a few months later, so apparently, they didn't try hard enough.

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Nov 13th update: Due to an unfortunate accident, five players were accidentally killed by friendly fire from their own mortars.

On an unrelated note, we now have 5 spots open. Join us!

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Nov 14th update: Due to an unfortunate accident, another player was killed while attempting to feed a bigger fish.

On an unrelated note, we now have 6 spots open. Join us!

8. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

Request sent!

Kelani likes this.
  9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

And rapidly accepted! Welcome to TN

10. boomhower

boomhower Powder Monkey

Sent a request. I'm not a big talker but am very active playing multiple times a day. Got out of my current guild because no one wanted to seem to contribute to the perks. Currently a PH5 that's maxed. Just hanging around to get my academy up to spec, spent to much time focusing on resources and not winning. All defenses/walls are maxed.

Kelani likes this.
  11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Thanks boomhower, Just accepted you. Welcome to TN! No problem if you're not a big talker. Just try to stop in chat at least once a week or so so we know you're still around. :)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Nov 15th Update: We're sad to report that two members were caught embezzling gold/grog from our Guild Communal Storage (what...you mean you don't have one?). They have been sent packing.

On an unrelated note: We now have 5 spots open. Join us!

13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Were proud to have picked up a husband and wife pirate team who were wandering the seas, so...

On an unrelated note: We now have 3 spots open. Join us!

14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

A few more roving pirates decided to shack up with us. Their bases look great, and we're glad to have them

On an unrelated note: We now have 1 spot open. Better Hurry! Next cleanout won't be until the weekend.

15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Another day, another cleanout. Oh, and one member went off his meds last night. Vaya con Prozac.

On an unrelated note: We now have 4 spots open. Join us!

16. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Just set a new record for shortest guild membership. Guy joined, called us unkind things, got kicked. Happy Landings, dude.

On an unrelated note: We now have 3 spots open. Join us!

17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Wow, a whole pack of new people joined today. Nice town, all.

Update: We now have 13 people with Observatories, and will be funding this as soon as the update rolls out next week.

On an unrelated note: We now have 1 spot open. Join us!

18. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

Kelani, you're recruitment comments are funny. Big like.

Captain Harlock and Kelani like this.
  19. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Thanks! :) I kinda have a personal rule where If I'm gonna shamelessly bump a topic, I've got to at least make it interesting.

Captain Harlock likes this.
  20. Chriscat

Chriscat Powder Monkey

I would love to join your guild if there is still an opening. I currently belong to a guild with many inactive members. I have been playing since September and I am online many times a day. If you want me, let me know and I will drop out of my current guild.

Kelani likes this.