Tortuga Nest: Top 100! (#20 atm) The guild your mama warned you about. [Feb 19: SPOTS OPEN

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Kelani, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

August 27th Update: At long last, we have finally matched AtariGeneration in a rumble :) How will it end? That remains to be seen. But for now, we're spanking those console-loving guys and gals ;)

Also, a warm TN cookified welcome to @Bou Regreg Welcome to the next, we're glad to have you :)

On an unrelated note, we have ONE spot open. Please read the rules in the first post of this thread, and if we seem like your kind of guild, PM Kelani, or a Crew, or send a Join request :)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

September 2nd Update: What's new? Well, we're pirates, so we've been busy building our bases, (incolding those damn walls), winning rumbles, and enjoying the heady rush of never losing a battle, thanks to this invincible WD bug. Oh, we're still looking for a few good pirates to join us for fun, profit, and cookies :)

On an unrelated note, we have THREE spots open. Please note that due to new rumble matchmaking rules, we can now only accept people who are PH7+ If you want to be part of one of the oldest, friendliest, and most respected guilds around, please read the rules in the first post of this thread, PM Kelani or a Crew, or send us a Join request. We'd be glad to have you! :)

Rachael likes this.
  3. Blaxton

Blaxton Powder Monkey

We have three open spots in the nest! Come join us!

4. Captain_Squier

Captain_Squier Powder Monkey

Sounds like a great guild. Getting back into playing but the guild I'm with they're nice but just not active really and only rumble once a week :(. Looking for something a bit more and it looks like you might be offering that. PH7 working on upgrading everything on base b4 I go any higher with PH. Only in the 200's pr due to carelessness b4 I left but gaining back. Academy 5, VH 3. Let know if you think I would be a fit. I'm active every day several times throughout the day, a little less on the weekend.

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

September 23 Update: Please note, Midoki has taken away our ability to update the first post in our recruitment threads. Most everything there is accurate, but over time, some info there will become inaccurate. Please look at my most recent post in this thread for any updates to stats, rules or policies.

TN has 5 Spots Open! Want one? You can have it if you're a PH7+ (or currently upgrading to PH7) who plays regularly, gets in 3+ raids a day on average, can handle 2 rumbles a week, and doesn't mind occasional fun chat (In English!). :)

Just Search for Tortuga Nest and send us a join request, or PM Kelani if you have any questions :)

6. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

I have just taken another double batch of cookies out of the oven. Join up and get yours while they're hot. We also have a dazzling array of beverages for your drinking pleasure: grog and milk (and if you are really nice absinthe tea).

Kelani likes this.
  7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

October 15:

Just to clear up a pretty awesomely bad typo in our thread title:

we have 6 spots open. Not 44! :eek:

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

October 28 Update: Looks like there's a huge double-update coming very soon, so what better time to join one of the oldest, most respected guilds around? While other guilds are suffering from massive attrition, Over a year after we were founded, TN is still going strong. We recently beat the #1 and #10 guilds on the leaderboard in a hard-fought rumble, and we're still nearly full, with 100% active players. Always looking for a few more active players to join our ranks. :)

TN has 3 Spots Open!

Want one? Read our rules, and if you're eligible, send a join request or PM Kelani to talk terms :)

:eek:

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

November 10 update: (We have 4 spots open, see below!)

CONGRATS to all the nesters who participated in today's rumble. You guys really kicked ass, and I'm proud to be a part of such a great team.

Final results:

Tortuga Nest: 189,858
    420 Pirates: 175,104
    Red Flag Fleet: 156,657
    pyccne: 62,346
    Russia: 28.804

Extra kudos to these overachievers:

@Mickster
    @Rachael
    @One Eyed Willie (apologies if you're a different Willie)
    @Sisie
    @Bou Regreg
    PlunderRoyce
    boomhower
    vDragon
    etiolated
    ed345
    @Marmaladesix

On an unrelated note, we have FOUR SPOTS OPEN. :) Want to join one of the oldest, most respected guilds around? Read our rules in the first post of this thread, and send a join request, or PM Kelani if you have any questions :)

10. One Eyed Willie

One Eyed Willie Powder Monkey

If you're lookin to get into an exceptional guild..you found it!
    Amazing experience awaits you..
    Send your message in a bottle and get ready for some of Bou's amazing cookies!!!

Kelani likes this.
  11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

What the famous Goonies pirate said! And *even better, we currently have 5 spots available! :)

*so you can bring your pirate friends.

12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Dec 23 Update: Despite being busy tending to our assorted cats, dogs, rodents, other assorted animals, and wrapping pirate god knows how many xmas presents, we've been on a tear lately, cleaning out all the inactives, welcoming some amazingly badass new players, building our islands like crazy, crushing quite a few rumbles vs "superior" guilds, and generally having a great time being one of the last non-fleet guilds. TN is living proof that having 50 strong players is more ferocious than having a ton of sub-guilds full of random, faceless people who don't know their ass from a shark trap. ;)

We have 4 spots open. :)

Wanna join? Check our rules in the first ppost in this thread, then send a request today, or PM me for our priority concierge service :)

13. Mannyik

Mannyik Powder Monkey

Look like Ur guild is strong. hope can meet u in rumble.

Skillzone10 likes this.
  14. Floki

Floki Captain

Hey I know what my ass looks like ....Oh yeah looks like a shark trap..:D

Skillzone10 and awbo like this.
  15. Frobones

Frobones Powder Monkey

Hey Tortuga,

I've found myself not having enough time lately to contribute to the Tortuga Nest cause. So I will be dropping out to make room for more active recruits.

In the future when I have more time, I hope I will be welcomed back into the guild.

Take care all, it was fun! :)

16. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

The Plundermas and New Years festivities were a grog filled blast. Cookies, grog, cake, grog, opening of chests, more grog. A couple pirates did fall overboard during their frenzied frolicking. We fetched out those we could. And drank more grog to those that decided that it was too much fun skinny dipping with the mermaids...and mermen. The polar bear challenge was more enthusiastic than normal this year. Over all, this seasons bash rated a perfect '10' even though the new PH rollout was slightly less than perfect.

On an unrelated note, we now have a few places for spirited pirates and pirettes that want to snuggle with the rest of the fun loving Nesters.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    Marmaladesix likes this.
  17. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

Hello all,

Hope I can make the switch, I've sent a pm to Kelani and waiting on response. Would love to help out and kick some butt. I'm currently upgrading to level 9 PH. Gunners at @ 23 and my last rumble score was about 8,000.

I'm very active even though I've only played for slightly over 2 months - have over 1900 donations and 20% perks funded....my guild is great but not overly active w contributions etc. Other than a few players.

Hope to join

Thanks!

18. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

Hi @acersharp1 ! We'd love to have you aboard. I'm online now so if you send a request I can approve you.

19. acersharp1

acersharp1 First Mate

20. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

January 13 Update: A big welcome to @acersharp1 who looks to be a really badass pirate. Better watch out for this guy :)

The Nest is still looking for a few active players who want to find a balance between having fun, chatting and ruining other pirates' days. :)

Is this you? Ask yourself the following:

Are you tired of chatting in your guild and never seeing any replies?
    Are you tired of rumbling your ass off, only to lose because you're the only person who bothered to show up?
    Are you tired of maxing out your perk contribution and seeing that bar not hit 100% for hours?
    Are you tired of lists asking you "Are you tired of?" such and such?
    Are the cookies on your guild table stale, and seem like they were store-bought (from a cheap store, no less)?

If this is you, you really need to join Tortuga Nest. In addition to being one of the oldest, most respected guilds around (and proud to be one of the last to keep growing despite remaining 100% Non-Fleet), we have none of those problems. We have fun, we chat, we help fellow members grow, and we still kick Rumble ass 2x a week.

Check the first post in this thread, and if we look like the guild for you, PM Kelani or send a join request! We'd love to have you! :)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016