Troop/defense leveling

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Capt. Overkill, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Capt. Overkill

Capt. Overkill Powder Monkey

Something needs to happen with troop to defense balancing. High level troops are getting slaughtered. Almost feels like the training ground isn't working. Also why are there two perks that affect pirate strength?

850arrr likes this.
  2. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

All levels troops are getting slaughtered from time to time very easily, even with all the perks are working. No strenght, no toughness and damage seems to be down too. :confused:
    Maybe for one day(at least for a few hours) per week the troops are behaving weird and seems to be much weaker than usual. We have noticed that too. Why is that so? I call it a bug that hits all our pirates once in while, like a flu. Is this a programmended thing? o_O@Chris [Midoki] @Lynsey [Midoki]

850arrr likes this.
  3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

No, we don't program fatigue/sudden onset laziness into the troops. ;)

We've had a few reports of the guild perks not functioning as intended, but it's not something that we've ever been able to reproduce. Often when we look into reports, it's because the player has hit a base with a fully maxed/near fully maxed Legendary on defence after hitting bases with lower level Legendaries, or hitting a base with an active Stonemason.

However, if your guild are all experiencing issues at the same time, we'd appreciate if you could submit an in-game ticket with a) the fights that you believe were affected, b) the time the fights took place, and c) how long your Training Ground/Blacksmith perks have been up.

WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  4. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Its mostly in my head but I swear there are times I see what I think is an easy base (LP is out drinking, traps are all blown, and the ship isn't even used as a defensive element) and I just barely pull out the win because my troops die like wee little mosquitoes o_O

WOLLIMAUS likes this.
  5. Capt. Overkill

I would definitely second all of what those guys had to say.

6. Capt. Overkill

Why not just get rid of the training ground and blacksmith perk altogether?

7. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

I can relate to this as well, but tend to blame it on to much Grog o_O.

So here is an easy island. Low level walls, storage units bursting at the seams and a base dangling in the wind with no active traps :D.

The time is NOW. We position our screen and drop Anchor. Hell, the victory celebration doesn't even wait for the first bullet to be fired. Down the hatch with another Grog and a quick eye rub. All of a sudden stuff starts going terribly wrong :eek:. WT...

GP and Mortar fire send troops flying like never before. All our troops scatter like ants on top of a disrupted anthill. This isn't looking good at all :confused:. Down the hatch with another Grog, gadzz, make that two o_O.

I know the feeling folks, been there and seen it too. Just seems real difficult to prove because of so many differant layouts, troops used, Drop locations, etc., etc.

This is why I blame it on Grog. At least for now. ;)

TiGeR

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2018
    WOLLIMAUS and 850arrr like this.