Voodoo Gates

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Oak Island, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Good morning plunder world and @Lynsey [Midoki] -

I have been noticing that my voodoo gates are going off when there are zero pirates near them. I know this because I have other traps right next to them that didn’t go off, yet my voodoo gates need re-arming after a battle? How and why are my voodoo gates going off without any attacking pirates near them? Is this happening to anyone else? Please look into this @Lynsey [Midoki] as this does cost re-arm gold after every attack.

Cheers and happy plundering!

-Oak

2. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

So i don't imagine the same thing sometimes when watching replays(def log)?? Zero pirates near to voodoo gates or the flame gates and still they start going off.... it is a nice fire work, but...
    ...or is it because the replays are still not accurate and shows what really happened(what the players sees when he is attacking or got attacked) ?

Is it possible that in the "real" battle there have been pirates near them and they went off because of them ??

and yes, like @Oak Island says, it is expansive to rearm them

3. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Good question @WOLLIMAUS - so the replay does show the voodoo gates going off without any pirates near them, and I know the replays are not accurate BUT, I have mines and traps right next to and in between the voodoo gates that did NOT go off.. so, essentially, it is confirmed that the voodoo gates are going off with no pirates around even without the replays being accurate. Make sense?

Cheers and happy sailing!

-Oak

WOLLIMAUS and MorganFlint like this.
  4. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Yes :).

How about flying invisible pirate which didn‘t launch the traps and mines, but the voodoo and flame gates ;):D ?

Maybe it is the new content we are waiting for? :p

5. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

If you can submit a ticket listing the battle details (person who attacked you, rough time of battle, etc) for the attack where this happened, we can take a look.

6. ummm WolliaMUS, you know that you being ultra picky...remember its a game.

7. not real life, pull back the negative.

8. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Why you get personal??? ultra picky??? With what??

We try to talk about the game and point things out which needs a fix in our opinion and the developers should take a look at it. What problem do you have with that? Changes/fixes for the better in a few things the game needs.

Jake the Snake likes this.
  9. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Thank you Lynsey, i will send a ingame ticket next time i see something like that in my replays.:)

10. Lynsey [Midoki]

There's no harm in being 'ultra picky' - we want Plunder Pirates to be bug free, but sadly sometimes some sneak in under the radar, even with stuff that's been working fine for months/years previously. Believe it or not, we actually welcome the community keeping us on our toes, it helps us keeping the game as good as possible. ;) And in the case of the Voodoo Gates, it is something that players regularly spend gold on, which takes time, effort or gems) or acquire, so obviously we want them to be working correctly. We're currently looking into this issue.

Unique Rebel and WOLLIMAUS like this.
  11. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Good afternoon @Lynsey [Midoki] - did you and your team figure this out? I just got hit and my flame gates were going off with no enemy pirates near them. They were all completely drained. This clearly should not be happening and it must be costing us a fortune in gold to rearm them when they are NOT even being tripped to go off!? This has been going on for months. Please fix this! Rearm costs are already through the roof now I have to keep shelling out gold just so they can go off again without roasting any pirates!? This is absurd and needs to be addressed. This is getting beyond annoying.

Cheers,

-Oak

Intimidator, MorganFlint and 850arrr like this.
  12. Lynsey [Midoki]

If you can submit a ticket with the name of the attacker and rough time the battle occurred, we can take a look. We've not been able to reproduce the issue so far!

13. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Here are some screen shots Oak sent me to post.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MorganFlint likes this.
  14. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Also, to add my $0.02, I've seen this happening to my base as well. Will try and submit a ticket when I see it again.

MorganFlint likes this.
  15. Jake the Snake

Jake the Snake Powder Monkey

You keep doin you WOLLIMAUS! You've done nothing but help this game to be at its best!! Thank you!

16. Jake their.. is always two side's too the... stories..enjoy..