waiting too long for this update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 爆头船长, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Were all tweaked by this brother. I really don't know if this was a planned business tactic or something that got delayed because of technical issues or because of an inexperienced staff of manager(s), etc. Whatever the case... Their placing their values on the responses made by their administrator. She is (most likely) following their orders.

If management doesn't recognize and make changes then PP could take an undesirable turn.

TiGeR
    Yeah,

Those hounds look like they could take a big BITE... Best to direct them towards upper management at first since I'm getting the impression that their hiding behind the admin which isn't fair to her. ;)

TiGeR

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    SaK likes this.
  2. Tex

Tex Commodore

Better?

3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

No offense, but some of you guys act like Midoki is some huge software conglomerate. They're not. All it takes is a quick trip to the Ingame Help - Credits page to see that there are only Eleven People. Some of them may not even be developers, who knows? There's so much speculation about why this or that is happening, but in reality, it's just because they're a small team. The financial success/failure of this game will likely influence Midoki's chances of getting future titles published by a giant like Rovio, so anyone who assumes they're not highly motivated to make this game spectacular, is mistaken.

[​IMG]

Bear and Tex like this.
  4. Arr

Arr Captain

Or their website:
    http://www.midoki.com/about.html

Or LinkedIn:

Chairman: Iivingstone CBE
    Director, Technical: Ben Cohen
    Director, Managing; Co-founder: Jonathan Webb
    Director, Art; Co-founder: Daniel Martinez-Normand
    Director, Techical Art; Co-founder: Chris Gage
    Principal Programmer: Ian Griffiths
    Principal Programmer: Lee Metcalfe
    Programmer: Richard Wilson
    Principal Server Programmer: David Hewitt
    Senior Designer: Lynsey Graham
    Director: Ian Hetherington (VC?)

(sorry, already had this info onhand out of sheer curiousity.)

Speaking of which, props to @Chris [Midoki] and @Lynsey [Midoki] for pulling double duty and dealing with us riff raff while still plugging away making our game ;)

Props also to everyone else in that list, damn fine game. I might have said a lot of harsh words, but only because I'm passionate about this game. So are the guildmates, and everyone here. Cheers!

Edit: Forgot to mention, I was curious about where Midoki came from. I'll let the devs answer that if they want to, but the story is in everyone's LinkedIn profile. Piece it together and you'll see some pretty cool things.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    Bear, Tex, Kelani and 1 other person like this.
  5. Vince

Vince First Mate

Yes! exactly! waiting time is not a big deal … but if they say "soon", we can't wait 4 weeks :(

6. Tex

Tex Commodore

I've actually been over these delays for a while and understand it will get here soon enough.
    I was just having a little fun to kill time. But I would never release actual hounds on anyone.
    The passions being displayed IMO are evidence of what a great product Midoki has created.
    Can't speak for anyone else, but I hope to be playing PP for years to come. :)

7. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Mid-March....it's all in the plan.

8. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Yeah, your right about the game. It is a great product.

Just wish that Midoki's interaction with the PP community was more black and white. Grey is a color best used on fog and clouds.

TiGeR

Tex, Ashraman and SaK like this.