Warn before collecting pirates who will overflow tavern

Discussion in 'Exploration Improvements' started by Morganza, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Morganza

Morganza Powder Monkey

First mentioned in another thread but worth its own
    http://forum.plunderpirates.com/index.php?threads/rehire-pirates-after-ship-sails.7035/

There should be a warning or confirmation before collecting pirates that will not all fit in the tavern.

Whether it's an accidental tap or forgetting game state, there is nothing in this game more frustrating than collecting pirates off the ship who won't find room in the tavern and go running amok in the village scaring the chickens.

This is true whether it was a full load of pirates who were off on a pleasure cruise or the ragged survivors of a pitched battle.

It's a loss of grog, it's a loss of time, and it's a loss of ability to enjoy the game.

Please add a confirmation step when trying to collect pirates who will not fit, ideally specifying how many will be lost (I might be willing to accept losing one but not 40)

2. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

I agree, there's been many times where I accidently collect my pirates. Also, (I'm forgetful)add something that reminds u to collect your pirates

3. mlc

mlc Captain

+1
    This would be great!
    Plus I think when auto recruiting, following an attack, there should be a timer stating how long to upgrade them as sometimes the pirate catcher isn't active and it's impossible to tell until you return to your island. Which means you have to wait over doubt the length of time (maxed pirate catcher) or remove them once it's funded and add them in again which again is a loss of grog

Lady O'maley likes this.
  4. mlc

mlc Captain

Yeah that's me too, when auto recruiting, I done this 6 times in a row the other day... Talk about forgetful!

Lady O'maley likes this.
  5. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

This was a long dead and ancient thread.

6. mlc

mlc Captain

Long? Pretty short compared to some threads.
    Dead? and ancient?

Lady O'maley likes this.
  7. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

@Mic you needn't worry, Sea Dog is king of the necromancers. He is just jealous that you brought back an old thread. Although 2 weeks is neither long dead nor ancient.

mlc likes this.
  8. mlc

mlc Captain

No worries, if it's that long, dead and ancient surely Midoki would have implemented this in an update.... Ohh no they haven't so must be very much alive and current!

Lady O'maley likes this.
  9. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Sorry, read as october last year. Sorry:(

mlc likes this.
  10. mlc

mlc Captain

Hmmm no worries :) haha

Lady O'maley likes this.
  11. Lady O'maley

Lady O'maley Captain

Mlc very forgetful .. Sometimes I remind her bout the pirate catcher .. Would be good if thier wad a notification on the auto recruitment pop up ..

mlc likes this.
  12. Lady O'maley

Lady O'maley Captain

Wad/was :rolleyes:

mlc likes this.
  13. mlc

mlc Captain

My own pirate catcher, catches me out every time! As does the ship, I always forget I have pirates waiting on ship but end up auto recruiting.

Skye and Lady O'maley like this.
  14. Skye

Skye Commodore

I too accidentally auto-rehire sometimes and forget about my ship waiting :c

It would definitely be nice!

mlc likes this.
  15. Yeah i have to admit i have made the same mistake. I put the Ipad down and come back to the game and forget that i rehired and push on the ship and gone. Sucks! Worse yet i'm looking over my Island and accidently push on the ship and lose the pirates thats worse.

16. mlc

mlc Captain

So this thread has essentially 4 different upgrades:
    1. A warning when collecting pirates from ship to prevent it being clicked accidentally.
    2. A warning when pirates are going to overflow the tavern maybe with an option to choose which pirates to discard
    3. A inactive pirate catcher warning, e.g. The time it is going to take to recruit them next to the auto recruit button.
    4. A warning when pirates are waiting on the ship to be collected, maybe it could be a button next to auto recruit to accept pirates off the ship and re hire the remaining?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    Zink likes this.
  17. Zink

Zink Captain

AGREED!

mlc likes this.