WDs ignore skeletons after crew dead

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by C.Calamity, Jul 5, 2015.

1. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I'm now having trouble not using any juggs or brutes with the new whacky witch doctor. He wanders too much now leaving some groups and then back and forth to others then off to la la land, his AI is all messed up.

2. Keelhauler Jake

Keelhauler Jake First Mate

I've read your description of bomber AI and it was probably the most useful attack information I've seen. I now know exactly what drives them (with the "!" excluded, they don't follow anyone's ideas on that consistently), how, when, and where to launch them, how to react if they do go crazy Larry ("!"), and when things don't work, what I did wrong!

Having said that, and acknowledging that the changes benefit a skilled and experienced player, I must say my feelings are that part of the beauty of the game, and similar games, is the number of different, sometimes vastly different, strategies that can be used. I feel that some pirates are still not as useful as others - maybe once we've performed the latest upgrades this will change - and so I ask what their point is? This A.I. change clearly strongly favors a limited number of attack styles and either handicaps others or makes them completely unworkable. On the grounds of interest via diversity I feel the change has caused a negative impact on the game.

Finally, Ching Shih was the best! Thanks for bringing back those great memories.

3. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate