Weigh in on feature priority!

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Kelani, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Each Ideas and Feature Requests subforum has a Master List of all viable suggested features from that forum. It's always the first or second post at the top of the page. We want to prioritize these features from most needed/wanted to least, but to do that, we could use your input. This subforum's list is for General Improvements. Please check out the list, and reply to this topic with what you think the top 5 or 10 features should be, with the most important feature first. Also, note: The full list of features may span several posts.

View the list here: General Improvements Master List

Example Post:

Allow Troop Queueing in the Tavern
    Increase the size of ingame text
    Allow toggling off all icons shown above buildings.

etc..

Luqman and Bear like this.
  2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Wow. Really? Nobody has any opinions on which features should go near the top of the list?

That's a first.

3. porrig

porrig Crew

Here's my top 5:
    1. Make single player missions (Pirate Islands, Strongholds) regenerate.
      Description: Allow stronghold gold/grog to replenish over time, and destroyed strongholds to respawn.
      Added: Dec 4, 2014 Submitted By: @@ferretbusiness
    2. Traps should be automatically reset for any successive raids
      Description: After mines and traps are triggered by an attack, they should reset for any successive attacks.
      Added: Dec 4, 2014 Submitted By: @@Black_beard
    3. Show how much loot is plunderable from your island in the resources tooltips.
      Description: Add plunderable loot amount to the tooltips accessed by tapping your Gold/Grog count at top left. Example:
      Capacity: 4,4451,500
      Production Rate: 29,000/hr
      Plunderable: 1,500,000
      Added: Dec 26, 2014 Submitted By: @@Captain MetaTauta
    4. Show the Cumulative count of Grog spent Recruiting Pirates
      Description: In the tavern, show how much each full army will cost to hire. If a player stats page is ever added, also show the cumulative grog spent hiring pirates.
      Added: Dec 8, 2014 Submitted By: @@Tumba
    5. Add more mini-games to pass time while waiting on builds, or when offline
      Description: See thread for examples.
      Added: Dec 8, 2014 Submitted By: @@Dario Viva

Kelani likes this.
  4. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Chat fixed and expanded. Thats all I care about. The other stuff is just a bonus.

ElGordo, Tikigirl and Kelani like this.
  5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Yup

6. TBird

TBird Captain

1-Guild Wars
    2-Guild Wars
    3-Guild Wars
    4-Android version
    5-Guild Wars with all those iOS and Android folks

Captain Didwell and Kelani like this.
  7. Vince

Vince First Mate

Guild wars is just the only one reason why all of us are playing … but we except something better than clash of clan :p

Sigrid and Kelani like this.
  8. Christy

Christy Commodore

I'm in for guild wars. And faster and cheaper recruit would be nice :D would also me nice to be able to leave messages for those in our own guild. If you post it in chat it gets lost :(

Sigrid, Kelani and 小绿(Green) like this.
  9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Well, I know that faster recruiting is being looked at, and I like all those other things also. Thanks! :)

10. Cabinmate

Cabinmate Powder Monkey

Upgrade builders huts for faster build times. ( each builder might be different speeds depending on hut level)
    Guild wars
    Regenerate random strongholds or battles
    Waiting games. Something to do while waiting carnival games maybe even battle amongst the guild in carnival games for ranking amongst the crew

Billy Sheppard and Kelani like this.
  11. Chat size and pirate queue would be my two biggest priorities. Messaging guild mates or sending messages to entire guild from captain/first mates would be awesome.

12. Neckbeard

Neckbeard Crew

The top one from this list I'd like to see:

Use Damage per second in pirate/defense stats
    Description: Use the "Damage per second" unit, as it provides more accurate info about actual damage, due to rate of fire and other factors.
    Added: Dec 8, 2014 Submitted By: @@JeffieTD

Other than that, I'd love to be able to somehow see the skills or at least levels of the units in my defense log. Giving them a new costume would be super cool, although I can see that being a big feature to add. As I suggested here, just having the levels of the units in the details page of the defense log would mostly satisfy me. Being able to click on them to see exactly what skills they had would be pretty cool too.

Also the wiki is abysmal. Midoki has indicated in the forums that they think this is our problem, but no one is stepping up to the plate. Maybe they could get a free intern from a local university that could maintain it for college credits.

Kelani likes this.
  13. SRT-Frostbite

SRT-Frostbite Powder Monkey

#1: Fix replays.
    #2: Show Plunderable loot.
    #3: Damage per second.
    #4: Fix Guild ship donations.
    #5: Allow queuing troops.

Kelani likes this.
  14. Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown Crew

I prefer the damage per shot statistics that Midoki uses; it makes more sense for the gun towers which target three different pirates, and it makes it clear for the slower weapons like the ground pounder, mortar, and mystic mortar. I know when a shell from the ground pounder hits that it will cause 60 damage,and it fires three shells in succession.
    I do agree with getting to see the unit level in our defence log; it would provide more insight as to why our Defence performed as it did (win or lose).

15. awbo

awbo Captain

Being a lower level player, I could really use conversion of resources.

Kelani likes this.
  16. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Get rid of Pirate icon on Ship when it returns on Island screen. Causes too many inadvertant crew returns, causing you to lose current raiding party.

Morganza likes this.
  17. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Here is my list:

1. Agreed, replays must be fixed. Plenty of other games in genre have perfectly accurate replays. This has plagued this game far too long.
    2. WD ai change needs to be tweaked to prioritize groups of gunners, buchs and skellys over juggs and brutes.
    3. Make troop requests disappear from chat when filled.
    4. Allow in-game messages from captain to guild (there is a bottle tab that is unused)
    5. Where is my co-captain/quartermaster rank?
    6. While I enjoy new levels, we need more active content like wars. Top players will be bored with last update in a month.
    7. Tweak rumbles to focus on quality over quantity and fix the matchmaking.
    8. Save troop request so we don't have to type it every time
    9. Fix double ability bug (thought this was coming in the last update) [EDIT--Midoki said this was supposed to be fixed. I thought I got hit by the double kaboom yesterday but will review my replay]
    10. Add new pirates.
    11. Where are the "Legends" we've heard about for a long time?
    12. Show available bp when scouting an island.
    13. Stop making captains pay gems to rumble.
    14. Add an in-game recruitment function. Other games this is done in global chat (which I know has been ruled out).
    15. Get rid of training bubble over academy when pirates are maxed.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    Honestbob456 likes this.
  18. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Top of my list (of requests unlikely to be granted) ;)

1. Windows Phone version
    2. More Builders (4 are never enough) :(

And slightly more hopeful...

3. Continue sailing once current voyage complete (or at least separate recruitment for voyages)

19. Jammin

Jammin Powder Monkey

1. PLEASE add a button on the base viewing screen that we can tap once to collect all available resources. So very annoying to tap each individual building over and over again. Software exists because people realized repetitive and/or time-consuming tasks could be automated; it's not about being lazy, it's about being smart. I play so much my tapping finger is at risk of repetitive use injury. No, we don't need a single button to train all troops, attack all opponents, etc.; this is targeted at the single least fun part of the game.
    2. Witch Doctor targeting made customizable to switch from focus on individual or on largest nearby group (no more WD off protecting the one guy who decided to attack a building in the opposite direction).
    3. Separate recruiting for pirate ship (preferred) OR when ship returns from voyage and player taps its icon it should ask player if they really want to overwrite the ship's current crew with the pirates currently in the tavern.
    4. Pirates should be able to run over rubble when buildings are destroyed (rather than around its border).
    5. Button to switch between displaying icons above buildings and hiding them.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    Morganza likes this.
  20. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Don't know if this is what you meant, but what a simple fix? Just tap the troops on the screen that you want the WD to go to and he will respond accordingly. if you don't tap, then the default ai kicks in.