what symbol is this?

Discussion in 'Fan Forum' started by Into-The-Sea, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Into-The-Sea

Into-The-Sea Powder Monkey

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

No idea. You didn't post it correctly

3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

It's a question mark! ;)

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  4. Hot Damn!

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

Try hosting the image on a website like Photobucket.com. Just upload the picture, then copy the "Direct Link" Come here to the forums. click the picture icon on the chat box, then paste that code in.

6. Ian

Ian Commodore

@Lynsey [Midoki] has special psychic powers to be able to identify that.. Must be why she is on staff.. ;)

Bear likes this.
  7. Skye

Skye Commodore

It looks like you tried to post a link to the attachment of an email - did you email the picture to yourself, and just copy the address off of that? Because that won't work. You have to download the image, and then re-upload it to a website that hosts embeddable images.

Bear mentioned photobucket, but I prefer imgur, because it lets you directly copy the url with bbcode tags already around it, so you don't have to deal with adding the tags here (manually or by clicking the image in the formatting bar). Either work though.

8. yeti

yeti Captain

Fwiw, photo bucket does that too, just copy and paste the link, not need to add tags or use formatting bar ;)

9. Skye

Skye Commodore

Great :) Bear had mentioned clicking the little image icon to paste the link into, so I just assumed there was only a direct link.

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah @Skye I saw the Gmail link. Definitely looks like they tried posting a picture from an email.