What to get NOW?

Discussion in 'Build Strategies' started by Ultimate Sea Dog, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Hey guys:

I am at PH5. What do you suggest as a good layout? Maybe you should look at mine now. I cannot import pics, so just go to "Search Guilds" and search Tortuga Nest. I'm Ultimate Sea Dog (same name). Would appreciate any help.
    Kel has asked me to protect my defences inside the walls, rotate cannons and gun towers to face the attackers, max all defenses --especially mortars first, and put traps outside the walls.
    Thanks!

2. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

I would put storage inside the walls rather than collectors (but I am also online a lot). Your mortars are doing a good job at protecting you guild ship (?)...I would move the mortars so they would protect the gold storage more. And spread the mortars farther apart, they have good range and can still protect each other without being so close.

Personally I do not like mortars so close to an open wall, they are just asking to be attacked by a couple of brutes. Give the brutes a cannon or GT to go after first so the mortars have time to deliver lots of splash damage. And the too close together thing, after knocking out the first mortar the brutes will make a beeline for the second. No mortars = gunner field day.

Also keep in mind that at PH5 you will encounter lots of gunners with 3 or 4 range and even an occasional 5 range.

3. Ultimate Sea Dog

Thanks! You were looking at my old design, maybe? I changed it just last afternoon for MORE protection of grog.

Kelani likes this.
  4. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

Yes very changed. Your new layout is much better. However I would move the mortar adjacent to the three storages to behind the bunker (exchange with grog collector)

Kelani likes this.
  5. Ultimate Sea Dog

6. Ultimate Sea Dog

OK! Thanks! Sorry @Kelani for not participating in the prev rumble...

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

No problem. Currently, we only complain at members who miss 4+ consecutive rumbles without letting us know they can't participate (that's 2 weeks' rumbles, in case anyone thinks that policy sounds overly harsh). :)